The hosts won their 5th consecutive game in all competitions - the first time they've achieved that this season - and their 4th consecutive game in La Liga -the second time they've achieved that this season.
Much of the pre-match focus was on Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo all being named in the starting XI but Zidane set his team up nominally in a 4-4-2 formation, with the Wales global and Lucas Vázquez impressing on the flanks.
Zidane's side made the breakthrough just a minute before half-time.
Subs: Medrán (5), Ibai (6), Burgui (6). It just won't go in for Benzema! That was very, very close to being a sensational goal. Benzema flicks a pass through to Ronaldo, with the Portuguese forward swivelling and smashing a finish into the back of the net.
The flying Welsh winger pounced when Alves lost possession and he raced away down the left to fire his shot past Alaves keeper Fernando Pacheco.
But there is some controversy over one particular goal from back in 2010, and whether it should really be given to the 33-year-old.
California school guard acted on student's shooting threat
The student's older brother, an Army veteran Daniel Eriberto Barcenas , claimed ownership of the weapons, McDonnell said. The student, whose name will not be released due to his young age, was charged with making criminal threats.
Gareth Bale bagged the other goal in the 4-0 rout ahead of Real's trip to Espanyol on Tuesday (7pm).
That has coincided with the impressive displays of Marco Asensio and Lucas, who both came on late against Paris Saint-Germain in the teams' last-16 first leg at the Bernabeu to help win the match for Real.
"We've met Madrid at their best moment of season".
Meanwhile, Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has drafted Castilla defender Álvaro Tejero into his 19-man squad. However, Ronaldo selflessly handed the chance over to under-pressure team-mate Benzema and the Frenchman slotted home a morale-boosting goal.
Ronaldo could have scored his third goal of Saturday's match had he taken Real Madrid's 89th minute penalty, but instead allowed the struggling French striker to score his fourth league goal of the season, impressing the Costa Rican keeper.
"Football is a team game and that was a nice gesture, offering it to Karim".
- For the first time in 25 years South Africa increases Value-Added Tax
- Netflix Remake Gets Premiere Date & First Look
- Rachel McAdams Is Pregnant With Her First Child With Jamie Linden
- Large increase in the Ohio River flood crest
- Maybelline deletes tweet polling followers if it should stay on Snapchat
- Tiger Woods Shoots Even Par in 1st Round of 2018 Honda Classic
- Investor Warren Buffett says good deals tough to find
- Donald Trump threatens to pull law enforcement from California in immigration row
- SA and India set for tour finale on Saturday T20 clash
- Three dead as Mobile mourns fallen police officer