"They are doing a lousy management job", he went on to say.
California has a "sanctuary state" policy, in which the state openly refuses to cooperate with federal immigration authorities. He pointed to "a disgrace, the sanctuary city situation" and lamented the "protection of these awful criminals".
"Frankly it's a disgrace, the sanctuary city situation", he said, warning that without ICE and the Border Patrol, California "would see crime like no one's ever seen".
The acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said he is not "running a popularity contest" in his role in enforcing immigration laws in the U.S. It's an essential part of Trump's efforts to crack down on cities and states that refuse to help enforce USA immigration laws.
"Trump's so-called threat is based on a lie he keeps telling which is all immigrants do is commit crimes", said Rep.
Netflix Remake Gets Premiere Date & First Look
This trailer offers a look at the Lost in Space crew and sets up the premise, but that's as far as it goes. The famed The Robot from the original Lost in Space will return in a different form.
"Frankly, it's a disgrace, the sanctuary city situation, the protection of these frightful criminals", Trump said during a discussion with local and state officials on school safety on February 22.
The president said that California would be "begging for us to come back" after two months, according to the report.
On Jan. 1 this year, California's Senate Bill 4 came into effect, which made the whole state a sanctuary for illegal aliens-including convicted criminal-and shields them from immigration enforcement. They would be begging.
"You know what, I'm thinking about doing it", Trump said at a roundtable with state and local officials to address ideas to stop gun violence in the wake of the Parkland school massacre.
Trump has pledged to rid the country of such sanctuaries, pointing to scattered examples of undocumented immigrants who have committed violent crimes, and the Department of Justice has threatened to cut off millions of dollars in federal public safety grants to cities and jurisdictions that harbor undocumented immigrants. Immigrants-legal and illegal-are subject to expedited deportation if they receive a sentence of 365 days or more.
- Website tracking 'Starman,' Elon Musk's Tesla on road to Mars
- Murray | D-backs acquire Steven Souza in 3-way deal
- US men's curling rides wave into semi-finals
- Walmart US Q4 Ecommerce Sales Slow
- Leaked: New 'Fornite: Battle Royale' content gets leaked by Amazon
- Attorney for prominent law firm charged with lying in US Russia probe
- Rachel McAdams Is Pregnant With Her First Child With Jamie Linden
- Pence Covered A Lot Of Ground In His Big CPAC Speech
- Turkish General Staff: Over 1610 'neutralized' so far in Afrin operation
- Real Madrid beat Leganes to go third in La Liga