One spokesperson of the company said, "updates as big as this one can take a little getting used to, but we hope the community will enjoy it once they settle in".
So, it's not surprising that when it appeared to begin backtracking on its latest update to individual users, folks got excited.
The only analytics that Snapchat has had was showing daily Story view counts that content creators had to screenshot just before they disappeared every 24 hours.
They are now on what is being called Friends page.
Nic Rumsey, who set up the petition, wrote that some are using Virtual Private Network (VPN) apps - which use servers overseas to mask the location of a device - in order to access the older version of the platform: "That's how annoying this update has become", he said. Among the complaints: disappearing posts are mixed in with direct messages; updates from friends you contact less frequently are harder to find; and posts shared by celebrities are separated from posts shared by friends.
Jones accuses Wales captain of insulting referees
Jones though has no such ideas. "They've got some world-class players now coming off the bench to strengthen that squad". But Wales lock Jones had but a brief response when questioned ahead of the match at Twickenham on Saturday .
Model Chrissie Teigen tweeted that she didn't like feeling that her followers no longer felt like "friends" as a result. Snapchat said Snap users leaped by 9 million from the 178 million previously recorded, indicating too that swelling numbers contributed to total revenue of $285.7 million.
The move was part of a deliberate strategy to set Snapchat apart from rivals like Twitter and Facebook's Instagram. "But your friends aren't content, they're relationships".
The outage comes amid an uproar over a redesigned iOS app, which has users looking for ways to install the previous version. Even the complaints we're seeing reinforce the philosophy.
Snapchat now has 187 million daily active users. In a 60-second video, co-founder Evan Spiegel explained: "your friends aren't content, they're relationships, that's why today we're separating the social from the media".
- Modi Begins 3-Nation Tour; Says Palestine Visit a 'Historic' Occasion
- Duterte orders military to cancel helicopter deal with Canada
- Pistons trade Willie Reed to Chicago for point guard Jameer Nelson
- Tributes paid to Pakistan human rights campaigner Asma Jahangir who died yesterday
- White House plan would change food SNAP benefits for low-income people
- Former United footballer Liam Miller loses battle with cancer
- Egypt kills 16 militants
- Ayodhya issue: AIMPLB says it sticks to earlier resolutions
- Four security personnel killed in Quetta attack
- Olympic Alpine Skiing Schedule 2018