According to reports, unidentified men targeted the vehicle while it was on routine patrol duty on Sariab Road- the assailants fled after the attack.
The TTP claimed responsibility in a statement by its spokesperson, Muhammed Khurasani, saying that "the attack was carried out by a contingent of the TTP Special Task Force and that the attackers left the area without harm".
23 migrants killed in Libya truck crash Tripoli: At least 23 migrants were killed on Wdenesday and around 100 injured when the truck transporting them crashed in Libya, a hospital said.
Everton boss Allardyce surprised Schneiderlin being booed
Palace remain in danger after their loss at Goodison Park. "There wasn't anything wrong with his performance in the second half". West Ham United beat Watford 2-0 and Stoke City came from behind to draw 1-1 against Brighton and Hove Albion.
Police and law enforcement personnel reached the spot as an investigation was launched.
It is becoming increasingly common in Quetta for militants to target security officials, along with religious minorities. Later, two constables were gunned down in a separate incident on the same road.
Pakistani police officers and paramilitary soldiers guard the site of a firing incident in Quetta, on Wednesday. "It was a coordinated attack and the objective was to target the FC personnel in the vehicle", Cheema said.
- Tributes paid to Pakistan human rights campaigner Asma Jahangir who died yesterday
- Sky and BT cut spending on Premier League football TV rights
- U.S. spies, seeking to retrieve cyberweapons, paid Russian peddling dirt on Trump
- Europe space chief says privatising ISS unrealistic
- Former United footballer Liam Miller loses battle with cancer
- Smallest partner approves deal on new German government
- The petition to undo latest Snapchat update hits a million signatures
- Arrested Indian Mujahideen terrorist had found love in Nepal
- Mourinho: I'm the EPL's best-behaved manager
- Victoria Beckham shoots down rumours of Spice Girls reunion tour