A first senior hat-trick for James Forrest yesterday seemed to have a poignancy as Miller's life was commemorated with Forrest also a homegrown Celtic player who joined the club's academy the year Miller made his senior breakthrough for the Glasgow side.
A statement from Cork Schoolboy League said their thoughts and prayers were with Liam's family.
A year later he was off to Wilmington Hammerheads in the United States before returning to his home town last November after being diagnosed with his illness.
"The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the CSL are with Liam's family tonight".
Liam later played for QPR and Hibernian before going to Australia where he represented Perth Glory, Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City.
House panel gives Bannon another week to comply with subpoena
Bannon declined to answer the questions in light of executive privilege concerns, a claim of privilege Rep. He has, however, agreed to answer all of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's questions for the investigation.
Manchester United said the club were "deeply saddened to learn of the tragic death" of Miller and they extended their "condolences to his loved ones at this extremely hard time". "His immediate family as well and friends - they'll be feeling it more so than anyone today and it's just terrible, it's just bad when you get that text and you hear the news", he added.
"I am very sad to hear that Liam has died".
He earned 21 caps during his worldwide career, and most recently played for American side Wilmington Hammerheads. I didn't know him but like the rest of the country I felt I did.
Celtic held a minute's silence in honour of Miller ahead of their Scottish Cup fifth round win over Partick Thistle.
Quiet, unassuming and highly thought of by his team-mates, the former footballer has left behind a young family.
Many of Miller's former clubs and team-mates have expressed their sadness, including former Celtic team-mate Stiliyan Petrov.
UNITED will wear black armbands in today's game against Newcastle United in a mark of respect to the late Liam Miller.
- Jones accuses Wales captain of insulting referees
- Robin Lopez did not handle this ejection well
- Duterte orders military to cancel helicopter deal with Canada
- Sanchez punished for tax evasion in Spain
- Bitcoin's price falls Below $7000
- 30 people reportedly trapped in hotel after quake hits Taiwan
- U.S. spies, seeking to retrieve cyberweapons, paid Russian peddling dirt on Trump
- Toronto police recover remains of 6 presumed victims of serial killer
- Ayodhya issue: AIMPLB says it sticks to earlier resolutions
- Pistons trade Willie Reed to Chicago for point guard Jameer Nelson