The first trade that the Bulls made was trading Jameer Nelson to the Detroit Pistons. Nelson played for Van Gundy with the Orlando Magic from 2007-12 and provides veteran leadership and more depth at point guard, behind Reggie Jackson and Ish Smith.
The Bulls acquired the 35-year-old Nelson in the trade of Nikola Mirotic to the Pelicans last week.
The Detroit Pistons announced Thursday that the team has acquired guard Jameer Nelson from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for center Willie Reed and future second-round draft considerations.
According to the NBC Sports Chicago's Vincent Goodwill, the Bulls will immediately waive Reed.
Smallest partner approves deal on new German government
If a deal emerges, it won't bring an immediate end to the political limbo following Germany's September 24 election. Schulz responded by abandoning his post-election vow to renew the party in opposition- a U-turn that angered many.
However, it is a bit puzzling as to why Van Gundy would make a deal for 36-year old Jameer Nelson without sending out one of the point guards now on the roster. That much was clear the moment they traded for Blake Griffin on January 29 and embarked on their current five-game win streak. The Pistons have been short at guard since Reggie Jackson was sidelined with an ankle injury on December 26th. Reed, who's one-game into a six-game suspension for domestic violence, probably won't either.
Nelson, 6-0, 190, has averaged 11.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 28.0 minutes in 871 career National Basketball Association games with Orlando, Dallas, Boston, Denver and New Orleans.
As for Reed, the centre will make his way to his third team in the last two weeks as he came over to the Pistons in the trade for Griffin with the Clippers. Now he flipped the other piece of that trade Brice Johnson for Memphis Grizzly James Ennis. The players association filed a grievance on Reed's behalf.
While the Pistons are likely to part ways with Nelson after the season, there may have been a longer-term plan in place for Ennis.
- Leak: No deal Brexit 'would cost 9% of Scotland's GDP'
- Jones accuses Wales captain of insulting referees
- 30 people reportedly trapped in hotel after quake hits Taiwan
- Lucas is the first Gerber Baby with Down syndrome
- TheDC Newsroom: Winter Olympics Are Heating Up
- Florida boy climbs into claw machine to retrieve toy and gets stuck
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Teaser Takes Flight With Millennium Falcon
- Robin Lopez did not handle this ejection well
- Qualcomm will meet with Broadcom to discuss $121 billion buyout
- Nafta Talks Can Generate Triple Win, Canada's Freeland Says