Toronto police confirmed Thursday that they have identified the remains of Andrew Kinsman, one of the victims of an alleged serial killer. Det. Investigators believe that McArthur, 66, used dating apps for older gay men to lure his victims.
McArthur is now facing five counts of first-degree murder.
McArthur was arrested January 18 and charged with two counts of murder in connection with the disappearance of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen, two men last seen in the "Gay Village" district of Toronto.
Late last month, police laid three more first-degree murder charges against McArthur related to the disappearances of Majeed Kayhan, 58, and Soroush Mahmudi, 50, as well as the death of Dean Lisowick, either 43 or 44, who had never been reported missing.
Police say there are likely more victims but they have "no idea" how many more. Police said Lisowick, who was in his mid-40s, was homeless, stayed in public shelters and had not been reported missing.
"We identified some of the body parts from those planters from here as belonging to Andrew Kinsman", Idsinga said.
Idsinga also added that the remains of at least six people have now been found in planters on the property, but no other identifications have been released. "I can be a bit shy until I get to know you, but am a romantic at heart", he wrote.
"It is getting bigger and we are getting more resources as we go along, so it is going to be a very, very extensive investigation", said DS Hank Idsinga. "We're going through online applications and different apps". McArthur is due back in court on February 14, when he is expected to enter a plea. The authorities are also combing through Toronto's open missing persons cases to determine if any of them could be victims of McArthur's. "We are dealing with some agencies overseas", said Idsinga.
- Potential Real Madrid lineup against Levante
- Crisp County's Quay Walker flips from Alabama to Georgia
- United Nations urges truce to bring aid to besieged Syrians
- TheDC Newsroom: Winter Olympics Are Heating Up
- Lucas is the first Gerber Baby with Down syndrome
- Super Bowl LII: 5 candidates to take home the MVP award
- Leak: No deal Brexit 'would cost 9% of Scotland's GDP'
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may have to wait for Arsenal debut
- Newsweek fires top editors who reported on DA probe into Newsweek's finances
- Nafta Talks Can Generate Triple Win, Canada's Freeland Says