Local prosecutors' office Fiscalia de Barcelona confirmed that the 29-year-old has been handed two eight-month sentences for evading tax during his time at Barcelona. The Manchester United forward also had to pay more than 100,000 euros in interests for the amount defrauded.
In Spain, just sentences over two years are met with genuine correctional facility time in spite of the fact that Sanchez will be imprisoned on the off chance that he carries out a comparative wrongdoing inside the following two years.
Those are charges, he alleges, which are founded upon a reinterpretation of the law and are forced through via underhand means.
The ex-Arsenal star is the latest football figure to be punished by Spanish prosecutors for an apparent dodging of taxes.
"Prosecutors and the tax office have put more than 30 players in the same situation, accusing them of the same crimes and threatening them with effective prison sentences", Felicevich said.
Alexis Sanchez playing for his old club Arsenal.
"Almost every member of the Real Madrid and Barcelona squad have been placed in this situation, even though these clubs use a standard pay formula for their first team which has been accepted by the Spanish Treasury in the past".
He added: "During all these processes, violating the rights of those investigated, continued, repeated and obscene leaks served as a means of exerting pressure to force players to accept agreements like the one that has been leaked today".
"On some occasions, there has been no other way out but to surrender to the pressure, and to avoid worst injustices, accept unfair agreements like this one". Many players and coaches have had to do this and many more will have to.
- 30 people reportedly trapped in hotel after quake hits Taiwan
- Robin Lopez did not handle this ejection well
- House panel gives Bannon another week to comply with subpoena
- German Scientists Tested Toxic Diesel Fume on Humans (Again)
- Mauricio Pochettino admits Tottenham still some way off Manchester City
- Super Bowl LII: 5 candidates to take home the MVP award
- Libyan Oil Exports Rise Amid High OPEC Compliance
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may have to wait for Arsenal debut
- UP sends report to Centre on Kasganj Violence
- Macron expected to join Rihanna on education work in Senegal