"We've made tremendous progress today, but of course, our work is never done", she said.
Meanwhile, Rihanna took to Twitter with her plea to world leaders on behalf of GPE.
He promised 200 million euros for the fund, sharply upping France's earlier offer, and urged others to pitch in toward the 3.1 billion euro overall goal. It brings France closer to Britain, which contributes $430-million, and the European Union, which gives $400-million.
The pair's attendance at the conference follows Rihanna's visit to Paris in July, when Macron hosted the singer at his presidential palace and the pair discussed their plans to raised the bar on education in developing nations.
On Thursday, Rihanna used her 86 million Twitter followers to urge the Australian and United Kingdom governments to commit to ensuring education for the world's poorest ahead of an global conference with French President Emmanuel Macron and Senegalese President Macky Sall.
However, the masses may not know her most important work as a humanitarian and ambassador for Global Partnerships for Education (GPE).
Kate Middleton honors Princess Diana's legacy at children's hospital
It's also been speculated that perhaps she chose to leave it at home because she might have swollen fingers due to her pregnancy. Children of the school enthusiastically wove flags and gifted Kate with flowers upon her arrival.
The conference in turn asks partner countries to devote 20 per cent of public expenditure to education - a level that can be particularly hard for countries battling jihadists or civil conflicts.
"But education must be seen with the same urgency", she added. At the conference that she's scheduled to attend, Senegalese president Macky Sall will also be hosting with the Barbadian bad gal and Macron.
Macron, traveling with his wife, Brigitte, later will visit French forces serving with the G5 Sahel, a five-nation regional force launched a year ago to counter growing extremism in West Africa.
Macron will visit the northern Senegalese city of Saint Louis on Saturday, which is threatened by coastal erosion.
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Presidio, Inc. (PSDO), Summit Midstream Partners, LP (SMLP)
- Probe ordered for Karolyi Ranch after Larry Nassar scandal
- Intel Reportedly Warned China Of Spectre And Meltdown Exploits Before US Government
- England Women make sure not to leave Sydney empty-handed
- Fitness Map Appears To Reveal Military Base Activity
- The Cleveland Indians will finally abandon their racist logo after this season
- Mauricio Pochettino admits Tottenham still some way off Manchester City
- Another Navy ballistic missile intercept fails in Hawaii
- Prepare for a rare celestial trifecta: Super Blue Blood Moon
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) Holdings Reduced by Macquarie Group Ltd.