CNN reports authorities became suspicious after spotting two cars driving close to one another, before an attempt was made to pull them over, seeing them change direction abruptly.
A truck also containing oranges was found later on. The cops seized four tons of the fruit and arrested the suspected orange thieves.
West Ham defender gets 6-game ban for spitting
On Masuaku's red card, could barely hide his frustration, adding: "It's unacceptable - totally unacceptable". Pedro Obiang slots into midfield, while Arthur Masuaku starts. "We'll deal with it appropriately".
Inside one vehicle, they found a couple and their adult son, and two brothers in the second.
The suspects, who were all related, are accused of orange theft, as they did not have the required paperwork to carry such huge quantities of fruit.
One said that they have picked it up on the ground along the way of their long journey, for their own consumption. Theft of oranges is not uncommon in Spain, where farmers have even reportedly hired vigilantes to protect their orchards. Smuggling of mass quanitities of fruits and vegetables is relatively common, although the use of ordinary vehicles is a less common sight for law enforcement in Spain.
- The Cleveland Indians will finally abandon their racist logo after this season
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny says police raided his office
- Waymo Buying 'Thousands' of FCA Minivans for Self-Driving Service
- (MSFT) Shares Sold by Ironwood Investment Counsel LLC
- Boeing loses Bombardier anti-dumping case
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) Holdings Reduced by Macquarie Group Ltd.
- Samsung is making chips for cryptocurrency mining
- Google officially closes HTC acquisition deal
- Liverpool's Adam Lallana out of FA Cup tie
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi approves 70-member campaign committee for Karnataka