The singer is now one of five nominated for the album of the year who will not be performing at tonight's ceremony.
She has performed in the Big Apple over the past week, including a cover of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me" at New York's Town Hall on Wednesday.
But instead, she was only offered the option to sing as part of a Tom Petty tribute ... during the late rocker's tune, "American Girl".
Lorde not performing at Grammys because she wasn't offered solo spot
While neither Lorde or the Grammys have responded to requests for comment, Lorde's mother, Sonja Yelich, seemed to allude to the performance snub when she tweeted an article from The New York Times that read, "Of all the 899 people nominated in the last six Grammy Awards, the report found, 9 percent were women".
And now it's been claimed that singer Lorde also refused to do the red carpet at music's night of nights in NY on Sunday after growing frustrated with event organisers. If this is the case, she would have also been the only AOTY candidate not performing her own music.
Lorde is the only woman nominated in the AOTY category.
The 21-year-old did however sing elsewhere this weekend at the pre-Grammys annual event where she sang with the likes of Harry Styles and Miley Cyrus in honour of the 60s band Fleetwood Mac.
Pennsylvania Supreme Court Throws out Congressional District Boundaries, Orders Them Redrawn
But the legal challenge, filed by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania, relied on the state Constitution, not the U.S. Crompton said the Legislature would begin working on a new map pending a possible stay to the state's decision.
- Boeing loses Bombardier anti-dumping case
- Apple releases Meltdown patches for macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- Paul Ryan: Home will go spending invoice if Senate approves it
- Donald Trump Just Revealed His Surprising Exercise Regime
- Commuters killed as train derails near Milan
- Path to citizenship for some 'dreamers,' if wall funded
- Om Prakash Rawat appointed as new Chief Election Commissioner
- The 'unique' reason why Aston Villa signed Axel Tuanzebe
- Instagram Adds GIF Stickers into Stories with GIPHY Support
- Intel warns everyone not to download its Spectre and Meltdown patch