A Congress leader had yesterday alleged that by not allocating a seat to the Congress president in the front row, the Modi government was resorting to "cheap politics".
Gandhi was seen sitting in the middle rows and chatting with senior Congressman and Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi will launch his election campaign for February 27 Meghalaya assembly elections on January 30, a party official said.
Congress Party president Rahul Gandhi watched the Republic Day parade sitting in the sixth row at Delhi's Rajpath.
Randeep Surjewala posted what he called a telling image of "petty politics" by the government. Recently, BJP spokesperson, GVL Narasimha Rao, stirred the controversy saying, "Rahul Gandhi did not deserve to be seated in the VVIP enclosure and honour was bestowed upon him in doing so".
Paul Ryan: Home will go spending invoice if Senate approves it
A resolution to fund the government did not pass, sending the federal government into a shutdown. They want a deal on immigration - and then they'll think about reopening the government.
All 10 ASEAN leaders conveyed to India their desire for it to play a more assertive role in the strategically important Indo-Pacific region while recognising the country's growing stature in ensuring regional peace and stability.
"I want to tell the Congress party that we are a democracy and not an aristocracy, and in a democracy a government or a democratic setup acts according to the rules, laws".
It was his first Republic Day function as party chief after having taken over the post from his mother Sonia Gandhi in December previous year.
State Congress Working President Vincent H. Pala said that Gandhi will be the "star campaigner" for the Congress in the ensuing assembly elections to further boost the confidence of the people.
The ruling party wondered what was the fuss about when Rahul had been alloted a seat as per "protocol", adding that the BJP leaders were treated similarly during the Congress rule but it had never made it an issue.
- California siblings 'starved, shackled, taunted with food'
- Michigan State's trustees board chooses performing president
- Boeing loses Bombardier anti-dumping case
- Zinedine Zidane Encouraged by Clinical Real Madrid
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief says Turkey has right to defend itself amid Syria campaign
- NBA All-Star 2018 reserves and rosters
- Pentagon: US military advantage over Russia, China 'eroding'
- Donald Trump Just Revealed His Surprising Exercise Regime
- Apple releases Meltdown patches for macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- UFC 220: Daniel Cormier stops Volkan Oezdemir, retains UFC light heavyweight champion