HomePod is available at an Apple retail price of $349 (US) in white and space gray in the US, UK and Australia and available to order beginning Friday, January 26, from apple.comand the Apple Store app.
Apple originally meant to release the smart speaker system by the end of 2017, but the company delayed production in mid-December, according to The Verge. With built-in Siri, you can set reminders, check messages or control your smart home appliances with your voice.
UFC 220: Daniel Cormier stops Volkan Oezdemir, retains UFC light heavyweight champion
And speaking of history, Miocic became the first heavyweight champ to defend his title three times in the UFC's history. It was the fifth UFC event held at the TD Garden and marked the highest attendance ever for the company.
However, arriving late to market is one of Apple's operating methods, as noted by our sister site ZDNet: The company has allowed competitors to come first and make mistakes, before adding their own premium product later that solves the problems.
There are also touch controls on top, so you can still control some HomePod features without using your voice.
Undecided Apple users who have been considering investing in a smart speaker are likely already awaiting the HomePod, despite its high price and lack of certain features. However, the tech giant made a decision to move the HomePod's release to early 2018. They also offer greater functionality; Amazon's Alexa, for example, can perform thousands of commands compared with hundreds by Siri.
Smart speakers and AI assistants have been on the rise since previous year.
"It brings advanced audio technologies like beam-forming tweeters, a high-excursion woofer and automatic spatial awareness, together with the entire Apple Music catalogue and the latest Siri intelligence, in a simple, attractive design that is so much fun to use", said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing. But if you're looking for a really smart speaker that will change how you live your life, Siri isn't going to cut it.
- Om Prakash Rawat appointed as new Chief Election Commissioner
- Announcing the Farewell release date & boxed... - Life is unusual
- Instagram Adds GIF Stickers into Stories with GIPHY Support
- Kim Kardashian new child bonding with North and Saint
- Kim Kardashian Releases Baby Name
- Boris Johnson proposes 22-mile bridge to connect United Kingdom and France
- 'Almost dead' Halep joins Thiem in last 16 at Australian Open
- Apple releases Meltdown patches for macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- Original Range Rover Sets Template for High-Zoot SV Coupe
- Major payment company: "Fewer and fewer use cases" for bitcoin payments