He said that the controversy over the integrity of EVMs or VVPATs is still not "past us". Our Secretariat is already in an advanced stage of examining the full electoral bond scheme. He will take charge on Tuesday ie January 23. Prior to his appointment as Election Commissioner of India, Rawat had retired as Secretary to the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Department of Public Enterprises after his retirement.
"They responded. But it was not in the context of the notice".
Have some of his predecessor actions dented the poll panel's credibility and the trust deficit is at an all time high between the EC and the political parties?
"Whereas, the EC has to have a 360 degree comprehensive information on every issue and decide objectively. Today, we don't have any such thing in mind (to reiterate our demand)", he said.
Jurgen Klopp explains why Liverpool won't replace Philippe Coutinho in January
Mohamed Salah has recovered from a virus to line up in attack while Ragnar Klavan has shaken off a similar issue to make the bench.
We can not put the cart before the horse. Logistical issues are subservient to legal issues unless legal framework is replaced we can not talk about it (simultaneous polls). "Unless legal framework is in place, we don't have to talk about anything else because legal framework will take lot of time - making constitutional amendment to (changing) the law - all the process will take time", he said. Once that is done come the logistics. "It will ensure that whatever is propagated through social media is known to EC and the EC ensures that it is healthy input for the electorate for furthering free, fair and credible elections", Rawat said. He also said that the Lok Sabha elections are due for next year and would be a big challenge as they need yearlong preparations.
Rawat's tenure will end in December 2018.
"We got the notification around 10 days back and our secretariat is examining threadbare as to what the import is".
Rawat had recused himself after AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had questioned his neutrality.
- Pentagon: US military advantage over Russia, China 'eroding'
- Federal Bureau of Investigation 'warned' Jared Kushner about Wendi Deng Murdoch
- Google Play getting audiobooks soon
- Zinedine Zidane Encouraged by Clinical Real Madrid
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy may start early even without signs of concussions
- Zac Efron as 'Extremely Wicked' Ted Bundy
- Announcing the Farewell release date & boxed... - Life is unusual
- Nintendo Labo - Cardboard toys for Switch
- Intel warns everyone not to download its Spectre and Meltdown patch
- Kim Kardashian Releases Baby Name