Bale then left the visiting goalkeeper Ruben floundered as he send an unstoppable effort into the right hand corner of the net after Ronaldo had appealed for a penalty with the referee allowing play to continue.
Adrian Lopez opened the scoring after 23 minutes for relegation-threatened Depor but doubles from the excellent Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nacho sat alongside a fine Luka Modric strike in a comprehensive 7-1 triumph for Zidane's under-fire side.
TALKING POINT - Will the return of the BBC revive Real Madrid?
After the early upset for Zinedine Zidane's side, Nacho bagged the equaliser before Bale scored in both halves to make it 3-1.
Boris Johnson proposes 22-mile bridge to connect United Kingdom and France
Prime Minister Theresa May's office said there were no specific plans for a cross-Channel bridge. It is understood that the French president responded positively to the idea saying: "I agree".
It has been a awful season for Real Madrid and Ronaldo by their high standards.
The pair enjoyed success together during Mourinho's three-season tenure with Real between 2010 and 2013, as they won La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup, but they are said not to have enjoyed the best of relationships.
Real tried to sign Neymar when he was at Santos but were pipped to his signature by Barca and last month the club's president Florentino Perez made a thinly veiled appeal to the Brazilian to join the 12-times European champions.
However, the trio is now available, but Zinedine Zidane has opted to utilise just Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale from the off, with Benzema among the subs.
Ronaldo suffered a head wound when scoring a courageous diving header in his team's 7-1 La Liga win at home to Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday evening but couldn't wait until he left the field to see how bad it was.
- Switch tops USA sales, 3DS posts best sales month since December 2014
- Get set for a clash of the showmen on Friday night
- Federal Bureau of Investigation 'warned' Jared Kushner about Wendi Deng Murdoch
- McDonald's plans for fully recycled packaging by 2025
- Giggs named Wales boss
- UFC 220: Daniel Cormier stops Volkan Oezdemir, retains UFC light heavyweight champion
- Afghanistan to play first-ever Test against India in Bengaluru
- Nine killed as fire breaks out in Delhi plastic factory
- NASA, USGS confirm MI meteorite strike
- New members announced for the College Football Playoff committee