According to Nintendo, the Switch has sold over 4.8 million units since its launch back in March 2017, which previously qualified it as the fastest-selling home console in the history of the US.
Nintendo consoles continue to fly off the shelves.
As usual, physical sales of games were provided by the NPD Group, so any data regarding digital downloads or physical and digital life-to-date numbers Nintendo's internal sales figures.
In addition, the Big N also confirmed that the 3DS posted its best sales for December since 2014, with the handheld's various incarnations moving over 750,000 units. The Switch has also gone on to become the fastest-selling console in USA history.
Giggs named Wales boss
Giggs' first game will be against China at the China Cup , in which they will compete along with Uruguay and the Czech Republic . Giggs understands his status as one of Wales' greatest ever players is no guarantee he will succeed as the national team's boss.
The December 2017 figures also showed a 27% increase in 3DS sales year-over-year, resulting in the Nintendo 3DS family of systems selling 21 million units life-to-date in the United States alone.
On the software front, six of the top 20 individual titles of December were Nintendo titles. Games like Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 were high on the charts as well, taking the third, fourth, ninth, and sixteenth spots respectively.
Worldwide, 3DS hardware has sold more than 69 million units, meaning it still has some catching up to do to reach the Nintendo DS, which sold more than 154 million units, and Game Boy, which sold more than 118 million units.
- H&M store trashed over 'monkey' advert
- LaLiga: Gerard Pique extends Barcelona contract until 2022
- Vehicle crashes into second floor dental practice in California
- New members announced for the College Football Playoff committee
- 'SHITHOLE' projected onto Trump Hotel in DC
- Afghanistan to play first-ever Test against India in Bengaluru
- Florida woman found dead, killed by mistake and 3 people arrested
- City's unbeaten run in EPL ends with 4-3 loss at Liverpool
- NASA, USGS confirm MI meteorite strike
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu arrives in Delhi