The newest members of the College Football Playoff selection committee were announced on Wednesday, and one has a strong tie to Florida. The other five are: Paola Boivin, Joe Castiglione, Ken Hatfield, Ronnie Lott and Todd Stansbury. "We're delighted that they will be joining the committee".
Scott Stricklin, the Gators' director of athletics, was among the six new committee members who will begin serving a three-year term this spring.
The new members undoubtedly have the experience to be on the committee, but the Playoff could have done a lot more to try and fix one of its ongoing criticisms.
Athletic directors are recused - meaning they can't be present - during voting or deliberations about their team's selection or seeding, but may answer "factual questions" about their institution, according to CFP policy.
Castiglione, who has led the Sooners' athletic department since 1998, has served on the NCAA baseball committee, and was the chair of the men's basketball committee (2015-16). Castiglione is Oklahoma's athletic director. He replaces Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt in that role.
Pak court asks police to nab culprit behind child's rape,
Zainab was kidnapped on her way to a Koran recital while her parents where in Mecca performing a religious pilgrimage. The horrific incident triggered public outrage throughout the country with people demanding justice for the child.
Each committee member serves one three-year term.
Boivin worked as a sports columnist for the Arizona Republic and now works at Arizona State's journalism school.
Lott played professional football for 14 seasons before retiring in 1995.
Mullens and Castiglione have this in common: in Division I athletics, only OR and Oklahoma have won three OR more NCAA team championships in the last three years. The Arkansas graduate was a defensive back on the 1964 national championship team.
- Two rape minor girl's corpse for hours in Haryana
- Afghanistan to play first-ever Test against India in Bengaluru
- Florida woman found dead, killed by mistake and 3 people arrested
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu arrives in Delhi
- Police say dying of Cranberries' Dolores O'Riordan not suspicious
- Retail Box leaks the specs of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- 'Canada's WTO complaint against USA could scuttle NAFTA'
- 'SHITHOLE' projected onto Trump Hotel in DC
- Venus Williams knocked out by Belinda Bencic
- H&M store trashed over 'monkey' advert