The fish's skin, intestines, ovaries and livers all contain poison that can kill people if the seafood isn't prepared properly, according to Japan Times.
Regional health officials on Tuesday said a supermarket in the central city of Gamagori sold five packages of assorted blowfish meat.
While three of the five packages sold have been found, two others have yet to be recovered.
"We are calling for residents to avoid eating fugu, using Gamagōri city's emergency wireless system", local official Koji Takayanagi told AFP. With four other packages sold but unaccounted for, city officials alerted residents via the emergency loudspeakers normally used for earthquakes and other disasters.
"Eating a blowfish liver can paralyse motor nerves, and in a serious case cause respiratory arrest leading to death", regional officials said in a statement.
'Seems unlikely' I'll need to speak with Mueller
President Trump is downplaying the possibility that he'll take part in an interview with FBI investigators. Russian Federation and the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing.
Three of these have been located, and no one has yet been harmed, but two remain missing. Tetrodotoxin poison will cause numbness around the mouth, then paralysis and that can lead to a person's death.
There is no antidote to the poison.
Handling fugu fish is highly regulated and requires a license.
Chefs in Japan require years of training and a special licence if they plan to prepare & serve fugu.
"It's a very tasty fish, but that's not the only reason people choose to go to a fugu restaurant", said Shinichi Ueshima, a chef at the Dote restaurant in Yokohama.
- 'Canada's WTO complaint against USA could scuttle NAFTA'
- Florida woman found dead, killed by mistake and 3 people arrested
- SpaceX defends rocket's performance in secret satellite launch
- Retail Box leaks the specs of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- Raiders to host Seahawks in first NFL game at new Tottenham stadium
- Turkey warns citizens against USA travel over security
- Two rape minor girl's corpse for hours in Haryana
- Huawei fails to seal USA sales partnership deal with AT&T
- City's unbeaten run in EPL ends with 4-3 loss at Liverpool
- Vivo beats Apple and Samsung to the top smartphone feature of 2018