The first-ever India-Afghanistan Test match will be played in June before Virat Kohli's men leave for the tour of Ireland and England, the acting secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Amitabh Choudhary said on Tuesday.
Phil Simmons, who was appointed Afghanistan's coach late past year, could hardly have wished for a more fitting opening fixture in the longest form of the game.
Both country's cricket boards announced the news on their respective twitter accounts.
The team from the war-ravaged nation has hosted its home games in India, most recently the series against Ireland in Greater Noida. "A decision will be taken sooner than later but not in the context of this Test match against Afghanistan", said Choudhary while announcing the dates of Afghanistan's inaugural Test in Bengaluru from June 14-18. "People in Afghanistan have been waiting to see the team play a Test and the fact that it will happen against India in India, is a dream situation".
Two rape minor girl's corpse for hours in Haryana
The teenager was not only gangraped but a foreign object was inserted into her private parts causing serious internal injuries. She had earlier gone missing with a 20-year-old person from her village and her family had him booked in a case of abduction.
India now top the world Test rankings.
"Cricket has a bright future in (Afghanistan)". The Test match against Afghanistan would hence be coming before that.
Last year, spinner Rashid Khan and former captain Mohammad Nabi became the first Afghans to be picked in the lucrative Indian Premier League auction.
- 'Seems unlikely' I'll need to speak with Mueller
- London mayor calls out Trump's reason for cancelling United Kingdom visit
- Venus Williams knocked out by Belinda Bencic
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal hold Chelsea in semi-final
- Manhunt for pair charged in girl's death underway
- Berkshire Hathaway announce two new posts as part of succession plans
- H&M store trashed over 'monkey' advert
- Retail Box leaks the specs of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
- Here's why Japan city used loudspeaker to recall deadly fugu blowfish packages
- Teacher handcuffed, removed from school board meeting in Louisiana