The former winger will certainly have big shoes to fill as Wales boss as his successor, Chris Coleman, guided the Dragons to the semi-finals of Euro 2016, although they did miss out on qualification for this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
Giggs understands his status as one of Wales' greatest ever players is no guarantee he will succeed as the national team's boss. Giggs played a record 963 times for Manchester United and became British soccer's most decorated player.
Craig Bellamy, Osian Roberts and Mark Bowen were also interviewed. "This is probably the proudest moment of my life to lead the Welsh nation into the next four years with the Euros and then the World Cup".
The FAW confirmed Giggs" appointment via its official Twitter feed with a short film of a Wales shirt having the name "Giggs' pressed into it, with an accompanying caption of #CroesoGiggsy (Welcome Giggsy).
H&M store trashed over 'monkey' advert
She said the hoodie was "one of hundreds of outfits my son has modelled", and urged people to "stop crying wolf all the time". The retail chain apologised to customers via its Twitter account and said the garment was no longer for sale.
RYAN GIGGS admits he must hit the ground running with success on the pitch to win over his Wales doubters.
Giggs was subsequently named assistant manager at Manchester United under Louis Van Gaal and served with him at the club until July 2016.
"I've got a great group of players to work with who have been so successful over the last four or five years". I want to get us back there.
He replaces Chris Coleman, who left to take charge of Championship side Sunderland.
Giggs' first game will be against China at the China Cup, in which they will compete along with Uruguay and the Czech Republic.
Giggs will be hopeful that he can revitalise the squad after a disappointing World Cup qualifying campaign that ended with Ireland pipping Wales to the play-off places in the final round of matches.
- Meghan Markle deletes social media accounts ahead of wedding
- Vivo beats Apple and Samsung to the top smartphone feature of 2018
- Two rape minor girl's corpse for hours in Haryana
- Walmart raises starting wages
- Manhunt for pair charged in girl's death underway
- Berkshire Hathaway announce two new posts as part of succession plans
- Tunisia protesters arrested in clashes this week
- Super Mario Odyssey to get free 'Luigi's Balloon World' add-on
- 'Seems unlikely' I'll need to speak with Mueller
- Florida woman found dead, killed by mistake and 3 people arrested