The protesters dispersed at around 14:00, according to Brooklyn police spokesperson Captain Anton Breedt.
In Menlyn, protestors had also managed to enter the shop and threw clothing around. At this stage nothing has been reported to have been stolen. "No arrests have been effected up to so far", Dlamini said.
"We are here to tell them".
On the other side of Pretoria, police officers were on standby at the Kolonnade Mall, as the EFF protests targeted different shopping centres.
"We are not going to allow anyone to use the colour of our skin to humiliate us, to exclude us", he added. The retail chain apologised to customers via its Twitter account and said the garment was no longer for sale.
He was joined by rapper G-Eazy, who had been due to bring out a clothing line with H&M in March.
H&M had issued an apology in response to complaints about the hoodie and its model. "In terms of accepting or not accepting your apology, it is not my prerogative".
Vivo beats Apple and Samsung to the top smartphone feature of 2018
These fingerprint sensors can be embedded inside the display and will be scratch-proof as well waterproof. The company had already demonstrated their under-display fingerprint sensor earlier on a prototype model.
"We can't accept that H&M, after what they have done, is coming now and saying we apologise".
She said the hoodie was "one of hundreds of outfits my son has modelled", and urged people to "stop crying wolf all the time".
Protesters were wearing red and dancing and singing outside department stores. One person reported seeing EFF supporters looting the store before police arrived, evacuated the store and closed it, with some protesters still inside.
H&M has yet to issue a statement over the chaos, but social media is engulfed with both support and condemnation for the violence, with many in South Africa echoing Shivambu's praise for the "radical action".
Ndebele said "normal trading" had resumed in the mall.
Innocent shoppers were forced to flee as activists swept through the stores, which included Africa's flagship H&M stores in the upmarket suburb of Sandton, Johannesburg.
- HTC unveils 'Pro' virtual reality headset
- Raiders to host Seahawks in first NFL game at new Tottenham stadium
- Super Mario Odyssey to get free 'Luigi's Balloon World' add-on
- Walmart raises starting wages
- Ibuprofen Use Linked to Male Infertility, New Study Suggests
- Huawei Honor View 10 goes up for sale in India
- Berkshire Hathaway announce two new posts as part of succession plans
- 2017-18 flu season expected to be one of worst in years
- 'Seems unlikely' I'll need to speak with Mueller
- Huawei fails to seal USA sales partnership deal with AT&T