Arsenal put their disappointing Emirates FA Cup ouster to Nottingham Forest behind them as they battled Chelsea to a 0-0 draw in the first-leg semi-final of the Carabao Cup at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.
Clear chances were few and far between at both ends of the field in what was the second London derby between the two teams in the space of a week.
Arsenal haven't always enjoyed happy and harmonious visits to Stamford Bridge in recent times.
Hazard missed the Blues goalless draw with Norwich in the FA Cup on the weekend. Alvaro Morata will start, dropping Batshuayi to the bench.
Eden Hazard recovered from a calf complaint to start for Chelsea and the Belgium star played in Morata after two minutes, although the angle was against the striker - who endured a torrid outing when the sides met in the league last week - and he shot into the side netting.
GETTYIan Wright reckons Theo Walcott should be considering his Arsenal future
Moses' Super Eagles teammate Iwobi had an attempt from range in the 38th minute only to see his shot punched away by Thibaut Courtois.
Arsenal were forced into a change in the 57th minute as Wilshere, who was getting back in form after a long lay-off, went off with a knock and was replaced by Mohamed Elneny. Chelsea fans turned to gloat and taunt him after each of their goals as Arsenal fell to...
However, the Chile global failed to help the visitors produce a goal and the two sides will meet again in two weeks at the Emirates for the second leg.
Chelsea have now drawn three games in row for the first time since January 2013 and have failed to win their opening three games of a calendar year for the first time in 25 years, while it is only the second time in Arsene Wenger's tenure that Arsenal have also been left winless three games into a new year.
Ewan McGregor Says Obi-Wan Movie is Still "Just Talk"
The Hollywood Reporter asked McGregor about the rumors at the Golden Globes, who unfortunately did not give any new information. If Lucasfilm goes the origin story route like it did with " Solo ", McGregor would be too old to play the character.
- Huawei fails to seal USA sales partnership deal with AT&T
- Cornyn Says Democrats Hold Spending Bill Hostage on Immigration
- Jerry Van Dyke, Emmy-nominated star of 'Coach,' dead at 86
- LaVar Ball: Lakers coach Luke Walton 'doesn't have control' of team
- Ford to offer diesel version of best-selling F-150 pickup truck
- Trump's Immigration Chief Just Floated Throwing (Democratic) Politicians in Jail
- Water Main Break At JFK Airport Causes Flood, Soaks Baggage Claim Area
- Trump to announce 'fake news' awards
- Meghan Markle deletes social media accounts ahead of wedding
- Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger to Serve 3-Match Ban After Misconduct Charge