A MI couple wanted in the death of a four-year-old girl have been captured, according to WXYZ out of Detroit. Fields also has been charged as a habitual offender.
Police responded to a 911 call around 10:45 a.m. on January 1 for an unresponsive 4-year-old girl.
Cops reported severe burns to the little girl's extremities. According to WNEM, an autopsy found the girl had "multiple traumatic injuries" and "signs of Battered Child Syndrome (multiple injuries, multiple sites, multiple ages)".
The couple are believed to be driving a black 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier with the MI license plate DTR1854.
The couple face charges of felony murder, second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse and torture in the death of Gabby Barrett. Diaz told them Fields punched her several times in the head and smashed her cellphone, according to a Sumpter Township Police report.
Gabby was rushed to a nearby hospital where she later died. They are also looking for the woman's boyfriend.
Gabrielle's aunt, Leah Barrett, 16, said her family never knew of the violence occuring at the mother's home. She pleaded guilty to weapons charges and received probation.
AMD slashes the MSRP of its Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs
Because these new desktop APUs use a lot of the new features of the Pinnacle Ridge chips they require a new BIOS to work too. AMD also mentions the 7nm "Navi" architecture, now penciled in for 2019, and a "next-gen" 7nm+ architecture for 2020.
Sumpter Township police said in a release that the fugitives were captured while driving near Lake Park, Georgia by agents of the U.S. Marshals Service in Macon Georgia, who worked in conjunction with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department.
Her parental grandmother, Deborah Barrett, described Gabby as a "ball of joy" who loved to play and run around the house, while her paternal grandfather, Jerry Barrett, said he misses the child very much.
Mugshots released Monday by Sumpter Township police officials appear to stem from charges filed against both Fields and Diaz following that incident.
Leah Barrett said her family is heartbroken over the loss, but feels better knowing Diaz and Fields have been found and arrested.
"She seemed OK, playing outside with the other kids", he said.
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the victim's kin to raise funds for her funeral.
- Ford to offer diesel version of best-selling F-150 pickup truck
- Oil Prices Close To Three Year Highs
- Cornyn Says Democrats Hold Spending Bill Hostage on Immigration
- Huawei Honor View 10 goes up for sale in India
- LaVar Ball: Lakers coach Luke Walton 'doesn't have control' of team
- Meghan Markle deletes social media accounts ahead of wedding
- Acer Unveils New Android App-Ready Chromebook 11 - CES 2018
- Water Main Break At JFK Airport Causes Flood, Soaks Baggage Claim Area
- Intel's 8th Gen G-series processors pack RX Vega M graphics
- Chelsea 'on brink of signing Ross Barkley from Everton'