McGregor is widely considered a shining spot in the somewhat divisive Star Wars prequel trilogy that was released from 1999-2005, brilliantly playing the younger version of Sir Alex Guinness' Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master, from the original Star Wars film trilogy.
"There's a lot of talk, and I'd be happy to play him again, but I don't know anything more than you do", McGregor said at a press conference shortly after accepting the Golden Globe for Best Actor for his work in Fargo. If it happens, though, fans may have a long wait in store. The Gareth Edwards-directed Rogue One underwent reported massive reshoots and even story-rewrites, while a year ago Solo: A Star Wars Anthology experienced a major shake-up when original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired three weeks before principal photography was scheduled to conclude, prior to director Ron Howard stepping in. I loved the new one [Star Wars: The Last Jedi].
The Hollywood Reporter asked McGregor about the rumors at the Golden Globes, who unfortunately did not give any new information. If Lucasfilm goes the origin story route like it did with "Solo", McGregor would be too old to play the character. Yet even more noteworthy than his win was his expertly trimmed beard - which, canny fans immediately recognized, looked identical to the one he sported in George Lucas's Star Wars prequels. McGregor recorded a line of dialogue for Episode IX director J.J. Abrams in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" in 2015.
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer retires after 15 National Football League seasons
He played seven games for the Cardinals in 2017, and threw for 7 touchdowns with 9 interceptions before being injured. He says something else stands out about his 15 years in the NFL. "Those are details that I know fade with time".
Mark, 66, marked the first anniversary of his close pal's death with a photo-montage, which saw an early shot of them together twinned with one of them starring in the latest installment in the sci-fi series, The Last Jedi.
"I saw the new one just over Christmas, and I thought it was really, really handsome", he said.
- AMD slashes the MSRP of its Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs
- LaVar Ball: Lakers coach Luke Walton 'doesn't have control' of team
- Trump's Immigration Chief Just Floated Throwing (Democratic) Politicians in Jail
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma go shopping in South Africa, here's the picture
- Erica Garner, activist daughter of Eric Garner, dies at 27
- North Dakota State avenges loss to James Madison to win FCS championship
- Google Memo Author Sues, Claiming Bias Against White Conservative Men
- Syfy Announces Cast & Series Order For 'Nightflyers' From George RR Martin
- Water Main Break At JFK Airport Causes Flood, Soaks Baggage Claim Area
- USA envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran