Gritty space horror ensues when some of the crew with psychic abilities begin to break down, and increasingly violent events take place on board, causing the team to question themselves and each other. Ultimately, surviving the journey will prove to be even harder than anyone thought.
TV networks are positively gagging for George R.R. Martin content. Game of Thrones may not be returning until 2019, and it's unclear when (if ever) Universal's Wild Cards adaptation will happen, but Martin now has another TV show on the cards, in the form of science fiction/horror series Nightflyers, today ordered to series by SyFy.
Gretchen Mol (Boardwalk Empire) is set to star, alongside Eoin Macken (The Night Shift), David Ajala (Fast & Furious 6), Sam Strike (EastEnders), Maya Eshet (Teen Wolf), Angus Sampson (Fargo), Jodie Turner-Smith (The Last Ship) and Brían F. O'Byrne (Million Dollar Baby). Netflix has signed on as a co-producer of the project, meaning the drama will premiere on the streaming service outside of the U.S. These eight characters will share a shuttle in the upcoming series for Syfy, and they'll be on a search for intelligent life. Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta of Gaeta Rosenzweig Films along with Lloyd Ivan Miller and Alice P. Neuhauser of Lloyd Ivan Miller Productions are also onboard.
Donald Trump accuses Pakistan of lying, halts all aids
Why give millions to countries who would harbor our enemies?" Newsletter has been successfully subscribed. Samantha Vinograd, CNN's national security analyst spoke in favour of Trump's move. "Great start.
Curiously, Jaffe has already adapted Nightflyers into a feature film, back in 1987 - starring The Apple's Catherine Mary Stewart and directed by Robert Collector, of Linda Blair prison roughie Red Heat fame.
The genesis of Nightflyers occurred with George R.R. Martin's original 1980 novella of the same name, for which he received Japan's Seiun Award in 1983 for Best Foreign Language Short Story of the Year. Martin will also have an EP credit, and Mike Cahill (I Origin) will direct the pilot.
No release date has been announced for Nightflyers.
- OnePlus might get sued over OnePlus 5T face unlock patent infringement
- County reclaims lead in new employment report
- USA envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran
- Justin Timberlake returns with a new single, 'Filthy'
- Woman accused of ruining $300K of artwork while drunk on 1st date
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma go shopping in South Africa, here's the picture
- Trump to attend National Championship Game between Georgia and Alabama
- Cardinals QB Carson Palmer retires after 15 National Football League seasons
- Oregon Appeals Court Upholds Discrimination Ruling Against Antigay Bakers
- Michele Bachmann eyes Franken's Senate seat