The incident in question was when Calum Chambers was penalised for handball in the box by referee Mike Dean.
An FA statement confirmed that Wenger had admitted the language he used and his behaviour in the changing room after the match was "abusive, improper and questioned the integrity oft he match referee". He has also been fined £40,000.
Amazingly, that might not even be the last of the disciplinary action against Arsene Wenger.
The nice thing is that the suspension starts immediately - he'll miss Sunday's Cup match against Forest and the Carabao Cup semifinal against Chelsea on Wednesday, and the only league game he'll miss is Bournemouth next Sunday.
However, that ban could yet be extended if the FA decide to extend the charge in the wake of his comments both before and after Wednesday's 2-2 draw against Chelsea.
Erica Garner, activist daughter of Eric Garner, dies at 27
Garner became an activist and spoke out against police brutality after her father's death was caught on cell phone video in 2014. In a video taken by Ramsey Orta, a bystander, Garner could be heard repeatedly telling officers, "I can't breathe".
Not only that, the FA have asked for information on that too.
Wenger has been given until 6pm (local time) next Tuesday to respond to the FA's request. "That is a concerning coincidence for me".
But the visitors will be without their manager on the touchline following his outburst on New Years Eve in the Premier League against West Brom.
"We looked like we were mentally shot and could have lost the game - we had the resources to come back to 2-2".
Part of his anger stemmed from a penalty the away side won when Eden Hazard was deemed to have been fouled by Hector Bellerin by referee Anthony Taylor - a decision branded "farcical".
"When you see how he shows his arm it is nothing to do with what happened. I'm happy with the quality of our games".
- Justin Timberlake returns with a new single, 'Filthy'
- Cardinals QB Carson Palmer retires after 15 National Football League seasons
- Soon, an Israeli train station called Trump
- Nick Foles unable to ease concerns in postseason tune-up vs. Cowboys
- Trump's Immigration Chief Just Floated Throwing (Democratic) Politicians in Jail
- Man fleeing from police drives off OR pier
- Woman accused of ruining $300K of artwork while drunk on 1st date
- NFL TV Ratings Down Roughly 10% From Last Season
- Road conditions deteriorating… intense cold, wind chills this weekend
- Style arsenal, including AR-15, was stashed in Houston Hyatt Regency room