A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until 4am Saturday for the highlighted areas.
Heaviest snow should be late Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.
Prolonged snowfall through Saturday night means as much as a foot of snow is possible for much of central and south central Montana.
The trend continues as we head into the weekend and now the potential for snow begins to mix with the cold. Roads are already snow covered and will become worse through the evening.
Winter Storm Warnings/Weather Advisories
On the back side of the system, it's likely we'll see ocean-effect snow showers on the Outer Cape and Islands, so we could see locally higher amounts under some of these ocean-enhanced snow bands. With temperatures dropping into the upper 20s along the beaches tonight, this will result in rain freezing on contact. With wind chills, it'll feel around 5 to 10 degrees below zero.
Highs remain between 10-15 degrees to start off the first couple days of 2018.
Total snow accumulations within and near the advisory area are expected to run between two and four inches. The high on Monday, New Year's Day, will be in the mid-teens.
CHP officers injured in crash on 880
Officials said a driver in a red Cadillac drifted off the road and slammed into their SUV at 11:30 p.m. According to a post on Twitter, CHP says they suspect the driver was impaired while driving.
- Control of Virginia's State House Could Be Decided by a Coin Toss
- Oregon Appeals Court Upholds Discrimination Ruling Against Antigay Bakers
- Jio Happy New Year plan
- Is there a better centre-forward than Harry Kane? - Pochettino
- Apple now faces lawsuits for deliberately slowing down older iPhones
- As Liberia awaits presidential election result, ruling party summons emergency meeting
- Decoding Anushka Sharma's reception look
- New study reveals more pregnant women are using marijuana
- What will weather be like this Christmas?
- Virat & Anushka enroute to South Africa