A woman is accused of completely losing her cool at the mansion of a well-known Houston attorney, and destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of art work.
Lindy Lou Layman was arrested on December 23 on criminal mischief charges after allegedly damaging several painting and sculptures in Anthony Buzbee's River Oaks home.
In court, prosecutors said Layman was on a first date with Buzbee, according to KHOU-TV. When she was first arrested, the damage was estimated at $300,000, but later a report has that number at about $1.5 million. The paintings apparently include an Andy Warhol original. That's when she allegedly poured red wine on his paintings and ripped them off the wall, then threw his sculptures on the ground.
Per the data read in court, Layman was forceful toward the second Uber driver, strolled again into Buzbee's home and yelled, "I'm not clearing out".
"She allegedly refused to leave and hid in his home", KTRK reports. She was released on $30,000 bond.
In court, Layman stated she is from Dallas, working as a court reporter.
Bitcoin cash deals frozen as Coinbase investigates possible insider trading
According to media reports, Coinbase fears its own workers might have exploited the exchange's foray into the cryptocurrency. "Given price increase in the hours leading up the announcement , we will be conducting an investigation into this matter".
A felony criminal mischief conviction for causing more than $200,000 in damages in Texas reportedly carries a possible punishment of five to 99 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
Layman is now remanded to appear in court on Thursday.
The attorney is also known for successfully defending former Texas Governor Rick Perry in an abuse-of-power case.
Buzbee is a high-profile attorney who hosted Donald Trump at his home for a presidential campaign fundraiser in 2016.
- Is there a better centre-forward than Harry Kane? - Pochettino
- Palestinian teen arrested after video showing her slapping Israeli soldier went viral
- Xiaomi India's revenue to top United States dollars 2 bln in 2017
- Barcelona Set to Lose Griezmann Fight Claim
- Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber's Romance Sends Her Mother To The Hospital
- Pence Delays Upcoming Trip to Israel, Egypt Until 2018
- Decoding Anushka Sharma's reception look
- Eric Garner's eldest daughter is in a coma, her family says
- Gift-Wrapped Horse Manure Delivered To Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin's LA Home
- Apple now faces lawsuits for deliberately slowing down older iPhones