DFA said that it "has always supported the policy of two states for two peoples as a long-term solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians", adding that the country is willing to play its part in brokering peace in the region.
Minister Katz also made a decision to name it the Donald J. Trump station, after the American president who recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Yedioth Ahronoth reported.
Guatemala plans to relocate its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales announced on his official Facebook account on Sunday, making it the first country to mirror U.S. President Donald Trump's decision from December 6. While no hints of what that peace offer may entail have been released, Capitol Hill observers have suggested that Kushner would reveal the contents of a new deal in early 2018.
In doing so, President Trump kept a campaign promise that he made in 2016, a promise also made by three other US presidents in recent decades, but which no prior president was willing to fulfill.
Israel occupied the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, during the 1967 Arab-Israeli War.
Kolasinac explains Arsenal's plan to stop Liverpool flyers
Wilshere was perhaps the only outfield player to emerge from Arsenal's bad first half against Liverpool with any plaudits. Jack Wilshere says he "definitely" wants to stay at Arsenal and hopes a new deal can be agreed soon.
Mrs Haley continued: "When we are called upon to once again make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations, and we will remember it when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit".
The train line planned by Katz is an extension of a new high-speed rail link set to open next year connecting Jerusalem to Israel's commercial centre in Tel Aviv and the country's airport nearby.
The tunnel would have two stations about 70ft below ground, "City Centre" and "Donald Trump, Western Wall", near an ancient expressway in the Old City's Jewish Quarter called the Cardo.
Katz, who is also intelligence minister and sees himself as a future prime minister, has served as transport minister for eight years.
But it would run close to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where tradition holds that Jesus was crucified and buried, and a contested holy site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary.
- Control of Virginia's State House Could Be Decided by a Coin Toss
- Palestinian teen arrested after video showing her slapping Israeli soldier went viral
- Decoding Anushka Sharma's reception look
- Apple now faces lawsuits for deliberately slowing down older iPhones
- Samsung unveils 'Galaxy A8', 'Galaxy A8+' with Infinity Display
- Watch the celebrity-filled first trailer for 'Ocean's 8'
- Gift-Wrapped Horse Manure Delivered To Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin's LA Home
- Eric Garner's eldest daughter is in a coma, her family says
- A Catherine remake to bring new content to PS4 and Vita
- Is there a better centre-forward than Harry Kane? - Pochettino