Pic: Getty ImagesTwo class action lawsuits have been launched against Apple in the USA following the tech giant's admission that it slows down older models of the iPhone as they age. The failure of communication is used by Stefan Bogdanovich and Dakota Speas, who sued Apple in the Central District Court of California.
Apple is facing at least two different lawsuits after admitting Wednesday that it slows down older iPhones, according to multiple reports. The plaintiffs are trying to seek the case for all owners of Apple smartphones older than the iPhone 8 in the US.
Interestingly, it's possible both of these lawsuits could have been avoided had Apple just been more upfront about what its software updates were doing.
Apple has confessed: It quietly put a throttle into older model iPhones - 6, 6s, and SE - to keep their CPUs sedated and to hence stop their doddering batteries from suddenly fainting. While there are some obvious gray areas about how Apple handled the rollout of this battery/performance balancing tactic, the lawsuit fails to take into account the technical side of the feature and how all lithium-ion batteries are subject to normal wear.
Jio Happy New Year plan
However, you get 2GB of high-speed data every day, with speeds capped at 128Kbps post that, the same as in other plans. There is yet another prepaid pack, priced at Rs. 197, which offers 1GB data per day with a validity of 14 days.
Consumers seem to believe that Apple's motives were less than honest. They also allege it intentionally interfered with the phones to damage them, which became a "substantial factor in causing (iPhone owners) to replace iPhones, buy new batteries", or lose the use of their phones.
In a statement this afternoon, Apple explained that this "feature" was first implemented with the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, and iPhone SE previous year and most recently came to the iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2.
Perhaps in recent years you noticed your iPhone slowing down as it got older, especially when the battery was running low.
While not specifically asking about what role battery life plays with upgrades we did ask how it influences purchase decision and came to see that, once again battery life is more of a driver for Android users than iPhone users.
If your old iPhone is slowing down and you think Apple's throttling could be to blame, you don't need to phone a lawyer. Two other lawsuits were filed in California, also Thursday.
- Salvation Army short 20000 toys and $600K
- Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber's Romance Sends Her Mother To The Hospital
- Gift-Wrapped Horse Manure Delivered To Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin's LA Home
- Bitcoin cash deals frozen as Coinbase investigates possible insider trading
- No white Christmas as rain and storm could hit UK
- Xiaomi India's revenue to top United States dollars 2 bln in 2017
- Nazareth mayor 'cancels' Christmas in protest of US Jerusalem decision
- Elderly Couple Arrested With $336K of Pot, Claims it Was Christmas Gifts
- 'I'm nervous': Prince Harry interviews Obama
- U.S. vetoes United Nations resolution rejecting Trump's Jerusalem decision