Lt. Paul Vrbka with the York sheriff's department told the York News-Times that police pulled over the couple's Toyota Tacoma because they observed it "driving over the center line and the driver failing to signal".
A couple in their 80s was arrested in Nebraska on Tuesday for allegedly transporting 60 pounds of marijuana, worth several hundred thousand dollars, which they told the police they meant to give away as Christmas presents. Patrick Jiron was placed in York County Jail, but his wife Barbara was not due to a medical issue, USA Today reported.
During the traffic stop, deputies noticed a strong smell of raw marijuana, the sheriff's department says.
Police say the marijuana had an estimated street value of over $300,000.
Palestinian teen arrested after video showing her slapping Israeli soldier went viral
The doctors removed the bullet, reconstructed his jaw and placed him into an artificial coma for 72 hours. During these years, this little village echoed the Palestinian struggle all over the world.
While being questioned, the couple told deputies they were headed to Vermont, and "the marijuana was for Christmas presents", according to a police report. That's when deputies found the cannabis, along with several containers of concentrated THC.
A Sheriff's Department in Nebraska was in for a surprise when they stopped an elderly couple for a traffic violation. Patrick Jiron was charged with felony marijuana possession with the intent to deliver and having no drug tax stamp.
Vrbka said the couple claims to not have known it was illegal to transport marijuana in the state of Nebraska.
When asked about the Jirons' custody status by the Washington Post, authorities simply replied, "they're not here".
- NBC reportedly eyeing 'The Office' revival
- Salvation Army short 20000 toys and $600K
- No white Christmas as rain and storm could hit UK
- Rex Tillerson: US Ready for 'First Meeting Without Precondition' with North Korea
- Bitcoin cash deals frozen as Coinbase investigates possible insider trading
- White House officials tamp down speculation about firing special counsel Robert Mueller
- Pence Delays Upcoming Trip to Israel, Egypt Until 2018
- 'I'm nervous': Prince Harry interviews Obama
- Watch the celebrity-filled first trailer for 'Ocean's 8'
- A Catherine remake to bring new content to PS4 and Vita