The Uruguayan worldwide could be allowed to leave if the Catalan club lands its top target; Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann and Spurs are said to be potential suitors for the player if the report is to be believed.
The former Ajax player then forced a move to Barcelona in 2014 for a fee of about £65m and has gone on to score 130 goals in 168 appearances for the Blaugrana.
Antoine Griezmann, who has a contract with Atlético Madrid until 2022, has a contract cancellation clause of €100 million ($118 million), which makes him an interesting player for the great European clubs.
The Spanish club have reported Barca to Federation Internationale de Football Association over their alleged pursuit of their star man, who is understood to have shut down an approach from the Premier League outfit in the summer.
GETTY Arsenal ace Mesut Ozil is also wanted by Manchester United
Unbeaten Atletico are second in the table, six points behind leaders Barcelona, and Marca reported that Atletico feel that the Catalan club's interest in Griezmann, as real as it might be, is also a destabilising tactic.
Atletico are claiming Barca have made contact with people close to the 26-year-old France worldwide.
"Barcelona have not negotiated with any player, so we understand that no irregularity has been committed", a club spokesman said, as media reports suggest.
"If that's what the newspaper says, it may be that way, although I do not know".
Atletico boss Diego Simeone has said Griezmann could leave with his blessing if a "unique opportunity" came along.
Salvation Army short 20000 toys and $600K
Every year, approximately 25,000 bell ringers, young and old, help The Salvation Army raise money for local community programs. For details, contact Bill Horrell, director of development for The Salvation Army, Quad Cities, at 563-324-4808.
- Samsung unveils 'Galaxy A8', 'Galaxy A8+' with Infinity Display
- Samsung announced new Windows 10 PCs from its Notebook 9 series
- 'I'm nervous': Prince Harry interviews Obama
- Watch the celebrity-filled first trailer for 'Ocean's 8'
- LG V30+ to go on sale on December 18: Price, specifications, features
- More winter weather: Winter storm warning, advisory still in effect
- Palestinian teen arrested after video showing her slapping Israeli soldier went viral
- NBC reportedly eyeing 'The Office' revival
- A Catherine remake to bring new content to PS4 and Vita
- Omarosa Disrupts a White House Tree-Trimming Party in SNL's Cold Open