The ex-wife of Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright is charged with first degree murder, conspiracy and attempted first degree murder in the 2010 death of Wright.
Sherra Wright-Robinson, 46, was taken into custody in California's Riverside County around 8:30 p.m. local time on Friday.
Investigators found the alleged murder weapon in a lake near Walnut, Mississippi on November 9th of this year.
Name SearchWatch Service' Billy Turner enlisted an un-named and unindicted co-conspirator and that they travelled to Lorenzen Wright's home in Atlanta to attempt to kill him there. "We wanted to investigate it as if it had just happened".
Saturday brought the bombshell that Wright's ex-wife was a suspect in his murder after also being charged with first-degree murder. It's been reported Turner and Sherra Wright attended the same church, but their exact relationship is unclear.
Billy R. Turner was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on Tuesday. They began to "follow the evidence" and it lead to Friday with the arrest of Sherra Wright-Robinson.
Ms Marion said she believes her former daughter-in-law was motivated by money, specifically a $US1 million life insurance policy held by Wright.
Bangladesh president leaves for Istanbul to join special OIC summit
The summit will also discuss the recent decision by the American government to shift the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Egypt and the United Arab Emirates will send foreign ministers, while Saudi Arabia had yet to say how it would participate.
The seven-year investigation into Wright's death has been one of the Memphis Police Department's most high-profile unsolved cases.
The 34-year-old, who played for the Cleveland Cavaliers, went missing on July 18, 2010 after leaving his ex-wife's home.
The arrest of Sherra Wright-Robinson came after the December 5 indictment of Billy Turner in the former basketball player's death.
Wright was questioned about her involvement by Sports Illustrated in 2015 as part of a collaborative effort by the magazine and Fox Sports 1. And then thirdly, I'm an author.
Wright-Robinson had previously spoken about the death of her late former husband, who played for the and four other National Basketball Association teams as a forward and center in 13 seasons before retiring in 2009. "The law enforcement should do what's best to find out who's the killer".
It is unclear when Wright-Robinson will be extradited from California to Memphis. Wright's mother confronted him in court last week as he was arraigned.
- More winter weather: Winter storm warning, advisory still in effect
- Russian Federation says ready to exert influence on North Korea: RIA
- Salvation Army short 20000 toys and $600K
- Rex Tillerson: US Ready for 'First Meeting Without Precondition' with North Korea
- Arsene Wenger explains Alexis Sanchez's poor display against Southampton
- Ukraine arrests anti-corruption activist Saakashvili
- Bandai Namco announces Soulcalibur VI for PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- 49ers pregame: Trent Brown inactive for showdown with Texans' Clowney
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks Resigns Over Claims He Asked Aides About Surrogacy
- Facebook Snooze lands in time to avoid Star Wars spoilers