Earlier this week, Google announced that Android 8.1 Oreo will start rolling out for the Nexus and Pixel devices, after being tested in the developer ring. Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 Xl with the second developer preview of Android 8.1 Oreo shall receive the OTA (over-the-air) update. On the other hand, the Chinese phone maker is also pushing the December security patch to Mi A1 units.
This leak suggests that Samsung is making progress behind the scenes and Galaxy Note 8 owners should keep an out for Android Oreo (and additional leaks) as we push into the new year. While the company is at it, someone has got hands-on the Android 8.0 OTA on the Note 8 and has also posted links to it on Reddit for all users to try. This small update will directly upgrade your device with the latest Android 8.1 update without reverting you back to the Android 8.0 update.
Facebook unveils chat app for kids, with parental controls
YouTube has recently received criticism over concerns with its Kids app, which features videos tailored toward children. Messenger Kids accounts also won't be automatically turned into full Facebook accounts at age 13, the company said.
Meanwhile, there are also a few noticeable changes for regular users in the Android Oreo 8.1 update.
As reported by Mashable, the Android Oreo 8.1 version is now available after several weeks of beta testing. If you are using the device, you can navigate to the device's Settings → About Phone and check for the system update manually from there. From the next page, you need to select the Check for update option. And, it is expected that the Oreo update to the smartphone will be rolled out by the end of this year. Up to that point, it could be hit-or-miss if checking for an update would actually do anything, even if the new software was released to the public. Once you get the update, head over into the Settings app, tap Network & Internet, Mobile Networks, and then turn the feature on.
- Australian approves Same-sex Marriage
- Sauber unveils concept 2018 Alfa Romeo livery
- Crimes Against Foreigners Increased in India in 2016, Shows Govt
- Congressman Comer votes for Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act
- Alabama makes playoff as No. 4 seed, gets rematch with Clemson
- Missing North Carolina girl presumed dead, authorities say
- Michael Flynn Promised Ex-Partner That Russia Sanctions Would Be 'Ripped Up'
- Inside the 30000-Square-Foot Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Shanghai
- Pittsburgh's Action Weather forecast: Temperatures well above average today
- Ukraine arrests anti-corruption activist Saakashvili