Since they also have wins against No. 9 Penn State and No. 16 Michigan State, their resume looks like one of a playoff contender.
This year however they'll meet in the semifinals at the Allstate Sugar Bowl in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome Jan. 1 at 7:45 p.m. CST.
The College Football Playoff National Championship Trophy awaits its presentation after the College Football Playoff National Championship game between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Clemson Tigers on January 9, 2017, at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL. Clemson won the game 35-31.
For the first time in the short history of the College Football Playoff, there are two teams from one conference among the final four.
Plea deal reached in Nassar case
Judge Rosemarie Aquilina said Nassar said sexual abuse was a nationwide 'epidemic'. Larry Nassar pleaded guilty Wednesday in a MI courtroom.
The Bulldogs will play against the Sooners on Jan.1.
For the second consecutive season, the Big Ten champion is left out. At number two Oklahoma, who won the Big XII over TCU, will be in their second college football playoff in the fourth year of the mini-tournament.
"I would say that if we lost to a team in our conference that was not ranked by 30 points that we wouldn't be having this conversation", Saban said in a late-night SportsCenter interview with Scott Van Pelt. That is a matchup of 11-2 teams that have played each other in the Rose Bowl seven times.
As a result, there was a pretty reasonable consensus across the college football polls for Badger football.
- North Korea is USA problem but China's 'leverage'
- Connecticut Grown Christmas Tree Farms Opening This Week Statewide
- White House wanted to publicly shame Tillerson, source says
- Expect 'Difficult' Argentina In World Cup, Rohr Warns Eagles
- Why Robert Mueller Threw An Agent Off the Trump-Russia Probe
- Political leaders condemn killing of Kashmiri army officer
- NYPD investigates Massage Envy for alleged sex assaults
- Indonesia's Mount Agung Erupts For Second Time In A Week Grounding Flights
- Clearing skies tonight; mostly cloudy skies push by Sunday
- 4.1 magnitude quake strikes DE and parts of Maryland