The natural disaster was about 6 miles east-northeast of Dover and was registered at a depth of 4 miles.
The USGS downgraded the quake from a 5.1 to a 4.4 on the Richter scale.
The USGS initially reported the quake as a 4.4 magnitude.
Gary Laing, a spokesman for the Delaware Emergency Management Agency, said in an email 30 minutes after the quake that there were no reports of damage.
The station also writes that Paul Caruso, a geophysicist with the USGS, says there is potential for aftershocks. He said the quake was widely felt around the Mid-Atlantic region.
Prince Harry is getting married; Inside the cost of royal weddings
However, Prince Harry , like his brother, is likely to be made a duke when he marries, meaning Ms Markle would become a duchess. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce their engagement at The Sunken Gardens at Kensington Palace .
- An natural disaster in DE was felt as far north as NY.
"I was talking with the other seismologists and we said, 'Wow, we don't ever remember a quake in DE", he said.
Others commented that they had not felt a thing.
"It felt like I was going up and down and the building was going up and down", he said. She said there were no signs of damage at the base nor would there be any change in its operation. "Usually the largest aftershocks we see in a series is about 1 magnitude smaller than the main natural disaster". Carberry, who is from the West Coast, said she told co-workers, "I'm pretty sure this is an natural disaster".
The latest tremors come just over two weeks after a 7.3 quake killed more than 400 people in western Kermanshah province, close to the border with neighboring Iraq.
- Galaxy S9 and S9+ shown off at CES
- 2.7m riders and drivers affected in the UK
- Chrissy Teigen Debuted the Cutest Choppy Bangs After Polling the Internet
- Jonny Bairstow: ECB investigating 'headbutt' involving Cameron Bancroft before Ashes
- HTC U11 All Set To Receive Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Indonesia's Mount Agung Erupts For Second Time In A Week Grounding Flights
- Plea deal reached in Nassar case
- The 50% reservation cap can not be breached, says Arun Jaitley
- Connecticut Grown Christmas Tree Farms Opening This Week Statewide
- Justice Department charges Iranian man for allegedly hacking HBO