Miss Universe Jamaica Davina Bennett has been declared second runner to the 2017 Miss Universe. She competed against 91 contestants from around the globe, the biggest number of entrants in the history of the competition.
Iris crowns Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, Miss South Africa 2017 as the new Miss Universe. "To represent the country means the universe to me", Peters told Steve Harvey after her name was announced as one of the wildcard finalists.
The 22-year-old Nel-Peters has earned a yearlong salary, a luxury apartment in New York City for the duration of her reign and more prizes. This year's finalists include four from The Americas (North America, Central America, South America, Caribbean), four candidates from Europe, and four candidates from Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
The runner-up was Miss Colombia Laura Gonzalez, while Bennett finished as the second runner-up. REUTERS/Steve Marcus Miss South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters poses for photos following the 66th Miss Universe pageant at Planet Hollywood hotel-casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. November 26, 2017.
Chrissy Teigen Debuted the Cutest Choppy Bangs After Polling the Internet
The expectant mum cam be heard asking her toddler: "Luna, what's in here?" while pointing at her stomach. But the latest update on Chrissy Teigen's Instagram page may just be her most talk-worthy yet.
"As Miss Universe you have to be confident in who you are as an individual and Miss Universe is a woman that has overcome many fears and by that she is able to help other woman overcome their fears".
The comic joked he was "thankful for the Oscars" for taking the heat away from his gaffe, referring to the botched "best picture" announcement at the 2016 academy awards.
Miss Philippines Rachel Peters bowed out of the competition when she failed to secure a place in the top five of the annual beauty pageants.
- Political leaders condemn killing of Kashmiri army officer
- Uber hacked, didn't say a word for a year
- Lebanon's Hariri lands in Cyprus, meets its president- Hariri Twitter feed
- Plea deal reached in Nassar case
- New Caledonia quake no threat to NZ
- HTC U11 All Set To Receive Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Connecticut Grown Christmas Tree Farms Opening This Week Statewide
- Arab League affirms solidarity with KSA's security measures
- Justice Department charges Iranian man for allegedly hacking HBO
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85