Texas Governor Greg Abbott has ordered Texas flags at Texas Department of Public Safety facilities statewide to be lowered to half-staff in honor of fallen Trooper Damon Allen who was shot and killed on Thursday in Freestone County following a traffic stop.
A massive manhunt for the suspect involving several law enforcement agencies is now underway in surrounding counties.
Authorities are searching for Darbrett Black.
Black is a black male, 5 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds. His license plate is JDN 4273.
Everything President Trump has tweeted (and what it was about)
Pointing to what she called "voter suppression" in Wisconsin, Clinton said, "It seems likely that it cost me the election ". Clinton also said in a radio interview with WABC's Rita Cosby that Trump has "disgraced the office", that Sen.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said on Twitter that the shooting occurred before 4 p.m. Thursday on Interstate 45 south of Fairfield, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) south of Dallas.
"The killer will face justice, and the State of Texas will continue to offer our unwavering support for the men and women in law enforcement who keep our communities safe".
Officials said if people see the suspect they should immediately call 911 or local law enforcement. He is accused of fatally shooting Trooper Damon Allen on Thursday. Jail officials said a bond hearing on the capital murder charge would likely have to happen in Freestone County, where the charge originated. "Please join Angela and me as we pray for the trooper's family and for the entire Department of Public Safety". He then returned to the patrol unit and the suspect fired multiple shots from a rifle at Trooper Allen, who died at the scene. Court records show he was charged with aggravated assault of a public servant and evading arrest or detention with a vehicle. Lindale News and Times stated that Black allegedly crashed into a deputy's auto when he was being chased by Smith County deputies. Abbott also expressed his "most honest condolences" to the trooper's family.
- Justice Department charges Iranian man for allegedly hacking HBO
- New Caledonia quake no threat to NZ
- Dawn Staley, USC decline invitation to White House
- Study says dog owners live longer, healthier lives
- Arab League affirms solidarity with KSA's security measures
- Donald Trump just did Roy Moore a massive favor
- Wanted: This pickup driver, whose sticker is 'disorderly conduct,' Texas sheriff says
- Plea deal reached in Nassar case
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85
- @CongPalazzo Supports House Tax Reform Bill