Reports said sepoy Irfan Ahmad Dar, posted with 175 Territorial Army (Engineers) in Gurez, Bandipora and a native of Shopian, had left home at Senzen village in his auto on Friday but did not return.
The officials said that 23-year-old Irfan Dar was abducted and later killed by suspected militants.
The locals found the body lying in pool of blood at Wothmula Nad area of Keegam, after which they informed the police.
The deceased was reportedly working for the Army, the official said.
Connecticut Grown Christmas Tree Farms Opening This Week Statewide
He said this isn't the first time there's been a shortage, but this year there are even fewer than previous years. Wholesale prices of trees from the northwest have gone up almost 50 percent this year due to the shortages.
"The individual was posted in a Territorial Army unit in Bandipora district".
The police has not ruled out the possibility of militants involved in the kidnap and murder. The vehicle was also found one kilometre away from the location. The police soon took the body into their possession for further investigations and conducting other formalities before handing it over to the next of the kin of the deceased. "The murder of young Irfan Dar is a very tragic & reprehensible act", he said. "Such heinous acts will not weaken our resolve to establish peace and normalcy in the Valley", Mufti wrote on microblogging site Twitter. "My unqualified condemnation & heartfelt condolences to his family", tweeted Omar.
After Lieutenant Fayaz's killing, police issued an advisory asking security personnel not to visit their ancestral homes in the south Kashmir districts for at least six months.
In September, militants killed 31-year-old BSF trooper Ramzan Parray outside his home in Bandipora.
- Salah has nothing to prove in Chelsea reunion - Klopp
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85
- Texas DPS Trooper Shot & Killed on Thanksgiving; Suspect at Large
- Dawn Staley, USC decline invitation to White House
- Indonesia's Mount Agung Erupts For Second Time In A Week Grounding Flights
- Nintendo's Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp coming to Play Store this week
- Tencent becomes first Asian company to be valued over US$500 billion
- Plea deal reached in Nassar case
- Lebanon's Hariri lands in Cyprus, meets its president- Hariri Twitter feed
- New Caledonia quake no threat to NZ