Temperatures Friday morning will start in the mid-30s with almost calm winds, which should be almost ideal conditions for frost to form by daybreak.
Travelers hitting the road for Thanksgiving! Some brisk and blustery north to northwest breezes did increase in the wake of our cold front, which started the delivery of our latest shot of colder air.
Luckily for firefighters, who will be on high alert with the soaring temperatures, strong winds that typically trigger red flag warnings are not expected, he said.
The standing record for Thanksgiving is 87, a figure set in 1932, shortly after Franklin D. Roosevelt beat Herbert Hoover in the presidential election. Those brisk winds will continue this evening and add an extra chill, before winds slowly diminish later tonight.
Plan on dry and unusually warm weather for Thanksgiving.
New Caledonia quake no threat to NZ
However, no immediate casualties and damage have recorded. "Tsunami waves have been observed", the USGS said. There has been a cluster of quakes in the area between magitude 6.4 and 7 in the past 24 hours.
Highs will remain in the mid to upper 80s around the Valley through Sunday. That's higher than Palm Springs' predicted high of 92 degrees. It got down to only 45 degrees overnight, according to the NWS.
Our next cold front comes through later Saturday, with partly sunny skies expected ahead of it as temperatures inch up a few more degrees into the low to mid 50s Saturday afternoon, thanks in part to a somewhat brisk but milder southwest breeze.
The high-pressure ridge is predicted to weaken over the weekend, and near-normal temperatures should return by Monday, Sirard said. A few batches of snow showers develop over the central and northern mountains with only about an inch or less of accumulation.
You won't need that holiday sweater for Thanksgiving in Southern California.
- West Brom manger Tony Pulis defends his record as pressure mounts
- Trump personally asks China's Xi to help LiAngelo Ball
- Nintendo's Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp coming to Play Store this week
- Planet hunters discover Earth-like world that could sustain life
- Everything President Trump has tweeted (and what it was about)
- Chrissy Teigen Debuted the Cutest Choppy Bangs After Polling the Internet
- People have hilarious responses after a painting sold for $450 million
- Rahul Gandhi set to replace mum as Congress chief
- Danica Patrick To Retire After Daytona 500, Indy 500 Next Year
- Uber hacked, didn't say a word for a year