According to ESPN, the team, which won its first NCAA championship in April, was recently invited to attend a reception at the White House along with other college teams who won titles this year. "It's what it stands for. We'll go to the White House", she said at the time.
So why did she change her tune? "I'm here concentrating on my team and getting better". Did it get lost in the mail?
In September, Staley told The Associated Press that the school had been left out in the dark on an invitation. "I don't know what else has to happen".
Eventually the South Carolina Gamecocks received their invitation to the West Wing, however that didn't change the fact that they were overlooked. It did not list which teams will be attending the ceremony. That led Nikki Haley-former SC governor and current ambassador to the United Nations-to come forward and say that the team would be invited later in the fall, with an exact date to be determined. A team spokesperson admitted that it was because they could not settle on a date that "worked for both parties". "We won before those other teams won their championships".
West Brom manger Tony Pulis defends his record as pressure mounts
Fans have never been to keen on Pulis' direct style of play, but when the results are there it's hard to complain too much. They will abide Pulis if he gets results, by whatever means, like he did in his two spells at Stoke (2002-05, 2006-13).
Those comments came just a few weeks after President Trump rescinded the Golden State Warriors' invitation to the Whtie Hosue because Steph Curry said he didn't want them going.
When Trump spotted Maryland lacrosse attacker Dylan Maltz wearing a blue Trump '16 tie, he pumped his hand and brought him to the front of the team's riser near the South Lawn.
The president had a little fun with the athletes as he posed for photos with the champions.
- Apple AR Headset With Custom OS To Come By 2020
- Trump personally asks China's Xi to help LiAngelo Ball
- Saudis gamble on Hariri resignation to check Iranian grip on Lebanon
- Trump sarcastically responds to Kim Jong Un insults
- 16 killed, 7 missing in boat capsize near Vijayawada; govt announces compensation
- Wanted: This pickup driver, whose sticker is 'disorderly conduct,' Texas sheriff says
- Study says dog owners live longer, healthier lives
- Apple has fixed that annoying 'i' glitch in iOS 11.1
- Sierra Nevada's Dream Chaser Space Plane Aces Free-Flight Drop Test
- Everything President Trump has tweeted (and what it was about)