It's hard to argue with the general opinion amongst Baggies fans, with their side having picked up just 10 points from their opening 11 Premier League games, with no league win in nine.
After three consecutive Premier League defeats, it would come as something of a shock if West Brom were to prevail against Chelsea, but they can take inspiration from the fact that the Blues have lost to Crystal Palace and Burnley this season. Last season we were in eighth longer than any other position we held and finished tenth.
The 59-year-old is quoted by BBC Sport as saying: "I understand the more you give, the more people want".
"It was only the third time in its history this club has finished in the top half of the Premier League". [Nacer] Chadli, [James] Morrison and [Oliver] Burke are all players who can create and score, and we've not had them. Still, all we have to do is look back to the last we came out of an global break and conjured up a loss at previously winless Crystal Palace in October. The Spanish striker has scored four goals with his head already and West Brom, surprisingly, have conceded the most headed attempts per team. They've had supporters carrying managers round the pitch on the last game of the season because of results going for them and kept them up. If the club decide what they decide, I've got great respect for the football club, the supporters, the chairman, the board - it's just life.
"Since I've been here, this club has been nowhere near getting relegated".
Tony Pulis: I'd understand if West Brom sacked me
He added: "James won't play for the foreseeable future". You look at the league and you can pick four or five teams who have scored less goals than us.
Fans have never been to keen on Pulis' direct style of play, but when the results are there it's hard to complain too much.
They will abide Pulis if he gets results, by whatever means, like he did in his two spells at Stoke (2002-05, 2006-13).
But there was the sense of a manager approaching the endgame at his press conference on Friday as he went through his achievements.
Alipay logs record sales on China's Singles' Day
Shoppers also spent $3.39 billion on Cyber Monday a year ago , the largest single online shopping day in the U.S., Adobe said. Nicole Kidman and Pharrell Williams were among the stars who helped get the eighth Singles' Day off to a glittering start.
- Planet hunters discover Earth-like world that could sustain life
- Apple's Face ID is coming to next-generation iPad
- Saudis gamble on Hariri resignation to check Iranian grip on Lebanon
- 16 killed, 7 missing in boat capsize near Vijayawada; govt announces compensation
- Roy Moore nearly certainly isn't going to be a senator
- 'The Partridge Family' actor David Cassidy hospitalised
- United Nations braces for likely Russian veto of Syria gas attacks probe
- Sessions Throws Cold Water On GOP Fever To Appoint New Special Counsel
- Best Black Friday TV Deals 2017
- Danica Patrick To Retire After Daytona 500, Indy 500 Next Year