Patrick announced that the 2017 season was her last as a full-time driver, Holly Cain of NASCAR.com reports. She plans to race in both the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 next season.
It was since widely speculated that Patrick may perhaps be retiring from her racing career since her chances of finding another full-time ride in the Cup Series were slim. It took her several months to accept that her career was essentially over after months of failing to line up sponsorship for next year. She is the first woman to qualify on the pole for a Daytona 500 and the first to lead in NASCAR's biggest race.
Danica Patrick will return to Indianapolis Motor Speedway to race in the 2018 Indianapolis 500.
"I've never had sponsor issues", Patrick said. "My plan is to be at Indy, and then I'm done".
Sessions Throws Cold Water On GOP Fever To Appoint New Special Counsel
Sessions to explain whether he was pressured to restart investigations targeting President Trump's former democratic rival. Some Democrats have suggested that Sessions's multiple false statements to Congress this year were conscious lies.
When it came time to announce her retirement, with her mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, boyfriend and support team watching from the back of a crowded room at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday afternoon, Patrick broke down in tears. The team is replacing her with Aric Almirola after Sunday's race. Her performance there won her the 2005 Rookie of the Year award for both the Indianapolis 500 as well as the full IndyCar season.
"I am happy that she is doing it on her terms, but I am sad because I feel like there are wins under her belt that she can still get", Stewart told AP.
As far as her Indianapolis 500 history goes, she has driven in the race seven times with a top finish of 3rd in 2009 and just one finish outside of the top 10. "Especially with me and the sponsor situation".
- Planet hunters discover Earth-like world that could sustain life
- Google Files Go Is An AirDrop-like File Transfer App
- Wanted: This pickup driver, whose sticker is 'disorderly conduct,' Texas sheriff says
- Best Black Friday TV Deals 2017
- First official photo of the new 'Doctor Who' Jodie Whittaker
- United Nations braces for likely Russian veto of Syria gas attacks probe
- 16 killed, 7 missing in boat capsize near Vijayawada; govt announces compensation
- Trump personally asks China's Xi to help LiAngelo Ball
- Study says dog owners live longer, healthier lives
- Google Pixel 2 users are reporting microphone issue