The main caveat here is that you need to buy the Pixel you want with a device installment plan and keep that for its two-year duration in order to actually benefit from the deal.
Android smartphone users will no longer need to pull out Shazam to identify songs on the go, as Google is rolling out a new feature to its built-in voice assistant software feature, Google Assistant, that will identify songs for them. The latest one that has surfaced is related to the bigger Pixel 2 XL model. According to a separate post on Reddit, a user reported wear down of the oleophobic coating on his Pixel 2 XL.
Google Files Go Is An AirDrop-like File Transfer App
Another additional feature is the ability to transfer files from your phone to a friend's handset in the immediate vicinity. Files Go aims to be a one-stop shop for Android users to manage their files on board without using third party apps.
It seems a number of users are finding when they connect a set of Bluetooth Headphones to either of the new Pixel 2 phones and try to make use of Google Assistant (through the headphones), they are not able to. Users have posted videos showing a bright white or greenish flash that seems to confirm the issue. When users make a call the other person on the other side can not hear them. A new type of problem has cropped up on the internet where a small percentage of users are experiencing "screen flashes" whenever they lock or unlock the device. Apparently, there is a fix that might bring the microphone back to work. It happens when the phone is being unlocked, when it wakes up from an incoming notification, when the screen dims and automatically locks, and more. However, the fix is not a permanent one and users might have to replace their devices. "Blowing into the speaker when the microphone is working causes it to fail", Zeird wrote.
For some Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL users, the microphone malfunction issue can be fixed by blowing up in the speaker which may sound old school but until Google responds, this may be the best bet.
- Apple wins patent infringement case over Samsung
- Sympathetic Gay Talese Wants to Profile Kevin Spacey
- Alipay logs record sales on China's Singles' Day
- Famous American singer Mariah Carey accused of sexual harassment
- United Kingdom minister apologizes for unauthorized meetings with Israeli officials
- Apple's Face ID is coming to next-generation iPad
- Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthi missle over Riyadh
- North Korea Warns 'Spiritually Instable' Trump Against Reckless Remarks
- #WhatsAppDown: Turmoil hits thousands of users as chat connections fail
- This Japanese company is offering nonsmokers extra vacation days