"After several seconds the screen will become fully responsive again", Apple said in a statement to ZDNet sister site CNET. Luckily, Apple is already aware of the problem and is creating a fix which will be delivered through a software update.
After user complaints that the iPhone X's screen becomes unresponsive in very cold weather, Apple has announced it's working on a software update to address the issue. "I try swiping on websites and it doesn't register my finger", wrote Reddit user Darus214, adding later that the outside temperature was 50 degrees Fahrenheit when his handset became unresponsive.
Apple confirmed the issue in an email to CBC News on Friday, but said it will soon send out an easy fix for the problem.
A post on the Apple website from September states, "Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off".
Some users have speculated that the changes in light from indoors to outdoors could be the culprit, due to the iPhone X's use of a front-facing infrared camera and ambient light sensor for Face ID authentication and TrueDepth photography features.
Best Black Friday TV Deals 2017
It's beginning some online deals Thursday and plans to offer most of its Black Friday deals online starting at 12:01 a.m. Below are the some of the top Black Friday deals retailers are now advertising, according to Best Black Friday.
Apple has addressed a glitch that caused some iPhones to unexpectedly start auto-correcting the letter "i" to a capital "A" and a question mark.
The problem is not common, and only a few users have reported the issue.
That said, the company is still working on a software update that it hopes will tackle the issue altogether.
Also, if you haven't been able to get Siri's attention of late by saying "Hey, Siri", well, Apple fixed that too in this update.
IOS 11.1.1 has just been released, and it comes with a small but important update - a fix for the unusual autocorrect bug in iOS 11.1 that has been automatically changing the letter "I" to "A [?]" for some users.
- Mueller Intensifying Pressure in Flynn Investigation, Has Enough Evidence to Charge
- United Kingdom minister apologizes for unauthorized meetings with Israeli officials
- Dwyane Wade speaks his mind about Cavs' struggles; Lue having sleepless nights
- Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson tore ACL in practice
- Famous American singer Mariah Carey accused of sexual harassment
- Sympathetic Gay Talese Wants to Profile Kevin Spacey
- Rand Paul assaulted in home, spokeswoman says Paul 'is fine'
- Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthi missle over Riyadh
- First official photo of the new 'Doctor Who' Jodie Whittaker
- Saudis gamble on Hariri resignation to check Iranian grip on Lebanon