Fans have been given their very first peek at the all-new look of the brand new Doctor.
The image gained plenty of reactions on the Doctor Who Facebook page and Twitter, with some decrying it as ugly and ridiculous, while others thought it represented the character well. This is a really exciting time and Doctor Who represents everything that's exciting about change.
The BBC have shared this scintillating shot of the Thirteenth Doctor across their social media, depicting her atop some pretty idyllic clifftops.
But Whittaker is also rocking her own style, putting a fresh, feminine twist on the 13 outfits that came before.
North Korea Warns 'Spiritually Instable' Trump Against Reckless Remarks
He said a decision would be made soon on whether to add North Korea to a list of state sponsors of terrorism. Donald Trump addresses United States troops at Yokota air base in Fussa, on the outskirts of Tokyo.
Our introduction to the new Doctor on Doctor Who usually comes in threes, though the order may vary a bit. Whittaker's costume is a colorful, unique outfit with suspenders, rolled up pants, boots and a large open coat. While the length of the coat echos David Tennant the 10th and the color of it, Sylvester McCoy and the 7th.
With so much nods to her previous incarnations, Whittaker's Doctor is certainly one that remembers where she came from. The next season kicks off during Fall 2018 via BBC America, and will be a 10-week run of 50-minute episodes (with an hour-long opener).
Check out the first picture of Jodie Whittaker in character as The Doctor below.
They are Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill, Tosin Cole and Sharon D Clarke.
- Apple wins patent infringement case over Samsung
- Apple AR Headset With Custom OS To Come By 2020
- #WhatsAppDown: Turmoil hits thousands of users as chat connections fail
- This Japanese company is offering nonsmokers extra vacation days
- Ex-President Barack Obama shows up in Chicago for jury duty
- United Kingdom minister apologizes for unauthorized meetings with Israeli officials
- FSU suspends all fraternities, sororities after student's death
- Dwyane Wade speaks his mind about Cavs' struggles; Lue having sleepless nights
- Sprint and T-Mobile end merger negotiations
- Koenigsegg sets new record for world's fastest production vehicle