CBS News reports tonight that Paz de la Huerta, then a film actress who would go on to recur on HBO's Boardwalk Empire, said in a phone interview that the former Weinstein Company co-president raped her twice in late 2010.
The Manhattan district attorney has also assigned a senior sex crimes prosecutor to the case, working in collaboration with NY police, his office confirmed.
Weinstein allegedly offered her a ride home to her Tribeca apartment, where de la Huerta said Weinstein demanded to come inside and have a drink.
Speaking to Vanity Fair on Wednesday, de la Huerta described being "terrified" of Weinstein, who she said assaulted her and then left her in a state of shock.
"I did say no, and when he was on top of me I said, 'I don't want to do this, '" de la Huerta told Vanity Fair. The disgraced movie producer, 65, showed up at her building after repeatedly calling her, according to the publication.
James Comey's 'coordination' testimony sheds new context on Clinton campaign's dossier funding
The Washington Free Beacon has long hired research firms to dig up dirt on figures such as Trump and Clinton, the paper said. Sitting next to Podesta was his attorney Marc Elias, who worked for the law firm that brokered funding, CNN reported.
Investigators in London and California were also looking into allegations made by women, but no other department has suggested allegations could result in criminal charges.
The actress's claims are very similar to ones shared by many among the more than 60 women who have come forward accusing Weinstein of assault, harassment, or rape.
Robert Boyce said the alleged victim "put forth a credible and detailed narrative". "But we're talking about a 7-year-old case. The investigation is on-going". She had been drinking and was not in a condition to give consent, CBS reported the actress said.
"He's like a pig", de la Huerta told the magazine. "As this is an active investigation, we will not be commenting further".
In a statement his representative said: "Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein".
- Victims rescued from Somali hotel attack
- Antonio Conte Claims Steve Holland Media Reports 'Lacked Respect'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti specs, release date, price
- NASA releases eerie playlist of spellbinding space sounds
- Dual nationality sees Aussie Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce disqualified
- Seething Trump blames son-in-law Jared Kushner for Mueller's widening probe, report says
- Grambling State University to hold class after two shot and killed overnight
- Twitter didn't tell Senate Intel about RT pitch to buy election ads
- Abadi Calls for Calm in Kurdistan After Barzani Resignation
- White House Watch: The Trump Administration Reacts to the Manafort Indictment