"I am no longer shunned by nonsmokers as I have rid myself of the odor of cigarette smoke", said Seto, who has smoked for 30 years.
As a reward for not taking daily smoke breaks, non-smokers at the Japanese company Pilia Inc. now receive an extra six days off each year.
"One of our non-smoking staff put a message in the company suggestion box earlier in the year saying that smoking breaks were causing problems", said Hirotaka Matsushima, a spokesman for the company.
The company's CEO, Takao Asuka, said that he hopes "to encourage employees to quit smoking through incentives rather than penalties or coercion".
After hearing about the complaint, the company's CEO, Takao Asuka, chose to give nonsmoking employees time off to compensate.
Dual nationality sees Aussie Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce disqualified
The other four politicians - Fiona Nash, Malcolm Roberts, Larissa Waters and Scott Ludlam - had been elected to the Senate. All said they had not been aware of their dual citizenship when they ran for election.
As per a study by World Health Organisation and US Cancer Institute, smoking is costing United States dollars 1 trillion to the world economy, which is way more than global revenues from tobacco taxes.
A Japanese company is offering an unusual perk for its nonsmoking employees: an extra six days of vacation. The figure is higher among males and older generations.
According to the report, there are 120 people in the firm and since September 1 when the programme was launched, 4 out of 42 smokers have quit the habit. However, in Japan, smoking is banned at work places and a common smoking room is constructed for employees to smoke only in that common room.
There are many western countries which encourages smoking in restaurants and work areas.
Japan lags behind other developed nations in terms of smoke-free policies and the social pressure to quit is less intense. A life insurance company in Japan recently announced new antismoking measures, including a ban on smoking on company property and a plan to convert some smoking rooms into other uses.
- Nationals Hire Dave Martinez As New Manager
- Burnouts Do It Best? New Study Says Pot Smokers Have More Sex
- Twitter didn't tell Senate Intel about RT pitch to buy election ads
- Kiwis opt to bat after India ODI pitch controversy
- Trump pushes "extreme vetting" in wake of attack
- White House Watch: The Trump Administration Reacts to the Manafort Indictment
- Amazon Key Allows Couriers Into Customers' Homes and People Are Confused
- Thunder's charter plane damaged flying to Chicago, lands safely
- Kid Rock not running for US Senate
- John Podesta Plays Victim Card in Response to Russia Investigation News