The reporters asked Salgaonkar if the pitch could have a bit of bounce as two players wanted the conditions to be of those sorts and he replied saying "Yes, it will be done".
BCCI acting-secretary Amitabh Choudhary said: "The BCCI has zero tolerance towards any activity that brings the game into disrepute". BCCI's acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary has chose to suspend the curator following his exploits, "Pandurang Salgaonkar has been suspended from the Maharashtra Cricket Association's curator's post with immediate effect", BCCI acting Secretary Amitabh Chaudhary told PTI.
According to the BCCI and the International Cricket Council (ICC), rules state that no one - other than the officials - can come inside the stadium or inspect the pitch for that matter.
This comes after reports emerged that Salgaoncar had agreed to "tamper" the pitch after some television reporters, posed as bookies, approached him.
Half of US Voters Believe Media Lies About Trump
Among Republican voters, 76 percent believe the media invents stories about the Trump administration, and 11 do not think so. Moreover, NBC News published a story last week alleging Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's decision to resign.
"The MCA will be making a detailed inquiry on what has happened or what has appeared on TV, but before we have our urgent meeting", he added.
Salgaonkar was agreeing to alter the pitch as per the demand of bookie. Apte also informed that Salgaoncar has been suspended with immediate effect and MCA has withdrawn his membership as well.
Pandurang Salgaonkar had claimed that the pitch for the 2nd ODI is expected to witness a run-fest, with teams being able to put up 330-340 runs either way.
"The BCCI appointed curator Ramesh Mhamunkar was immediately made the point person for the centre wicket and the field of play for the second ODI between India and New Zealand".
- Grambling State University to hold class after two shot and killed overnight
- Kiwis opt to bat after India ODI pitch controversy
- 3 white supremacists charged with attempted murder after Richard Spencer speech
- Buffon confirmed his retirement at the end of the season
- Twitter didn't tell Senate Intel about RT pitch to buy election ads
- Trump And NFL Debate Over National Anthem Kneeling
- Mersal row: BJP must respect free speech, says Congress
- Nintendo announce new Super NES-themed 3DS XL
- Ford Recalling 1.3 Million Pickups Over Door Issue
- Kid Rock not running for US Senate