According to GSU's website, it "combines the academic strengths of a major university with the benefits of a small college, a combination that enables our students to grow and learn in a serene and positive environment". The shooter has already killed a student and a campus visitor.
Officials have told students that the shooting wasn't the act of a domestic terrorist or a lone wolf, but rather that it was a targeted killing spurred by a dorm room altercation.
A university spokesman identified the victims as Grambling junior Earl Andrews and Monquiarious Caldwell, both 23 and from Farmerville, Louisiana.
The gunman is believed to have fled the scene. Completely unfortunate. Stay safe, #GSU.
Missing Pakistani journalist probing Indian citizen's case found after 2 years
Since May 2013 and till Zeenat "disappeared" in August 2015, the two women had interacted nearly on a daily basis on the phone. Soon after this, Zeenat had started receiving threat calls from unknown persons who told her not to pursue Ansari's case.
"Grambling State University offices are open with normal business hours and students are expected to attend classes as scheduled", the university said in a tweet. The local sheriff's department has taken over the investigation from campus police. CBS notes that this isn't the only shooting to devastate Louisiana's Grambling University recently.
"Our prayers go out to the victims and their families". Last month, on September 21st, another student was shot in the arm after another altercation.
In Louisiana, the U.S., unknown persons opened fire at the University of Grambling. "We will fully cooperate with the police investigation".
- Latest Harvey Weinstein Accuser Claims He Forced Oral Sex During Her Period
- India vs New Zealand: Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Siraj receive maiden T20I call-ups
- Blac Chyna Is Suing The Entire Kardashian Family For Everything They're Worth
- Facepalm! Hardik Patel declares support for Congress but his aides join BJP
- 3 white supremacists charged with attempted murder after Richard Spencer speech
- La Nina to influence winter weather, officials predict
- Toyota executive: U.S. seeks 'impossible' changes to NAFTA for Mexico, Canada
- Trump And NFL Debate Over National Anthem Kneeling
- Half of US Voters Believe Media Lies About Trump
- Nintendo announce new Super NES-themed 3DS XL